Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, my selective coloring isn't working right. I have tried colored avatars and Black and white but the only coloring that works is neutral. Any ideas?

Do you mean that the rest are faded and unclickable? You should be able to, lol. :blink:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, my selective coloring isn't working right. I have tried colored avatars and Black and white but the only coloring that works is neutral. Any ideas?

Do you mean that the rest are faded and unclickable? You should be able to, lol. :blink:

I have got it fixed now, the settings were wrong, thanks anyway. :)

I use PS 7. :)

Tutorial 2

We'll be going from:

This

jaaaacckkkkk33.png

To This

jaaaacckkkkkcopy.png

1. Crop your base to 100 x 100.

2. Duplicate your base and set to Screen 100% Opacity and Fill. Do this twice at least.

Depending on the quality of your image, you may need to do this more than twice, I only did it twice.

3. Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Colour.

Reds

C -31

M +18

Y +50

B +21

Neutrals

C +52

M +5

Y -34

B +9

4. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Curves

Four Points

First Point

Input 74

Output 70

Second Point

Input 91

Output 99

Third Point

Input 118

Output 140

Fourth Point

Input 161

Output 187

5. Type your text, i used Century Gothic and then hold the full stop button for a little while to get a couple of those lines!

It works most effective when the lines begin to get shorter as they go down.

(i didn't use this text and line effect on every avatar i did with this colouring.)

That’s it! You’re done! :)

Examples

alllffffffffcopy.pngriccssccopy.pngbeeellllee22copy.pngveronicaaaacopy44.png

I'd love to see your results! :)

I'm totally new to all this can anyone help me to do the first bit cause all mine are coming out really dark

2. Duplicate your base and set to Screen 100% Opacity and Fill. Do this twice at least.

Archived