Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, people actually have to read the stories and vote for their favourites. But at this stage theres only two, so who actually knows how long the voting will go for.

My question is to those who gave up, why? Was it to defined, or not defined enough? Or do people just find it hard to write with constrictions?

Reading through the thread, I'd say you set far too many constrictions. I think you had about three quotes ppl had to use? Plus it had to be set in Summer Bay, summer had to be mentioned including ppl's favourite things about summer etc...

You probably would have got more entries if you'd just set a challenge like, say, the only rule (apart from word count) would be one of the characters says (or the title has to be) "Do You Remember the Night?" You need to let ppl use their imagination much more.

Hope that helps! :)

I dropped out purely because when the whole idea was put across I was sitting my exams, and I had too much going on. I did begin writing one a few days ago but because of the time left and the fact it had to have certain things in it, I didn't have time to plan it. (This was no body's fault) Unfortunatly for me the challenge just came at the wrong time. I am hoping a new one will be up soon and if so I will absolutely participate. :)

1. Nicole has backed out. lol. I don't want to do it! I thought the exact same as you with the restrictions, so no one will agree with me. lol. Sorry

2. OMG, I'm stuck between 2 of the fics. *curses* I'm going to have to think about it in Physics. :)

3. YOu know if I have to review them all.. you mean everyone except mine - right? But then it'll be obvious which one I wrote... :S

Also, I retire from creating the challenge. If I did the next one, I'd end up making it as restrictive, and apparently that causes people not to enter. So the winner, or Nicole, I'm handing it over to you.

So does that mean that you can write a story in now? and why do you not make a poll so it's secret for who you vote for?

For the next challenge I may write a story.

And Nicole, you can either not review and just vote... or make up a fake review so no one can tell which story is yours. Personally, I think the second option is a lot more creative, and therefore more fun.

I think it really doesnt matter about restrictions. If someone can't write a story, they find something to blame. I'd love to see what kind of challenge you (or anyone else for that matter) comes up with, to see how different they are from mine.

I think it really doesnt matter about restrictions. If someone can't write a story, they find something to blame.

I don't have a problem with restrictions, I was suggesting a possible reason why you didn't get many entries. :) There were two reasons I didn't enter:

1. I think I'm twice the age of most fanfic writers (who I imagine to be around 16???)

2. I've sold some stories. Not a lot :( but a few. :)

So I don't think it would have been fair for me to enter. Good luck with your competitions. Hope my views haven't put you off creating any more, it was just my own personal opinion. Best wishes. :)

Archived