Can Happiness Happen?

Guest tasha7905

Chapter 61 - Trysts. (By the way Kit is not an alcholic in this fic)

Jack sat in Noahs wondering what to do, he had been there for an hour alone. Everyone else was with there partners, he was lonely. He ordered another beer and sighed.

"Someone looks like they are feeling a bit blue." Kit said sitting down next to him.

"Yea" he replied "Ive blown it with Mac, everyone else is paired off and Im just a coward who cant have an adult relationship."

"That sounds familiar, Ive liked the same guy for years and never had the guts to tell him, How adult am I?" Kit said laughing at herself.

"What a pair we are" he said joining her in laughter. "Our younger siblings are married and having a baby, and we dont even know how to handle feelings." he laughed more. It felt good he thought to himself.

"We are defiantely sad" she agreed.

They sat there for ages knocking back drink after drink. Jack was having fun for the first time in ages.

"So Kit Hunter, who is this mystery man you fantasise about?" Jack asked.

She paused took a breath and said "Its you Jack always has been." she looked at him waiting for a reaction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry was sat at Stewarts point. He couldnt believe how nervous he was his palms were sweaty and he felt like being sick.

"Snap out of it " he said to himself.

"Hi stud" he heard her say, he looked at her and gasped she really was hot he couldnt understand why she was interested in him.

"hi" he said standing up and kissing her on the cheek.

"Is that all I get" she said as she pulled him closer to her and into a passionate embrace.

"Wow, you know how to get what you want" he laughed.

"you had better get used to it as your what I want" She said grinning. "Come on lets go for a walk"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack didnt know what to say. He had never thought of Kit like that but looking at her now, it was like he was seeing her for the first time. Without thinking he leant forward and put his hand on her cheek and brought it slowly down stroking her face, he let his fingers trace her lips.

"Jack" she whispered " I dont want this to be cause your drunk or on the rebound"

He looked her in the eye. "Thats not why" he said as he gently kissed her lips.

After a second she pulled away and looked around. "not here. I dont think we want everyone knowin our business," She stood up and led him out by the hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had been walking for ages just talking, they shared similar intersts in music and sport. They hadnt discussed their families or circumtance. which is how they both wanted it.

Belle stopped in front of him and looked out at the water, he turned her around to face him. They kissed gently enjoying each others company. henry didnt know how much longer he could contain himself. He moved his hand on to her thigh as he kissed her, slowly tracing his finger higher up her leg.

"Not here Henry" she moaned "My flat is close come home with me."

As they walked kissing each other with every step, they didnt notice Jack and Kit doing the same thing but walking in the other direction.

There was definatley something in the air that night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 62 - Sexual Impulses (Warning - May not be suitable for younger readers. Definate Sexual Content.

Kit and jack entered Maddie and Luc'shouse quietly.

"Ssshh" kit said walking up the stairs towards the room she was staying in.

"I dont think they are going to notice" Jack said as they heard Matilda moan from their room.

Kit giggled as she and Jack shut the door to her room. Within seconds Jack had her pinned to the wall, his tongue exploring every gap in her mouth, her hands were on his belt trying to undo it but the passion she was feeling was hindering her eventually she managed it. Moans kept escaping from them both as there clothes fell to the floor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry sat on the sofa as Belle locked the door to her flat. With out a word she walked towards him and kissed him, her fingers made quick work of the buttons on his shirt and trs, before he knew it he was naked yet she was still fully dressed.

He started to complain but she put a finger on his lips, he kissed it lightly as her tongue ran itself down his chest. He suddenly realised what she was going to do, it scared him slightly, no girl had ever been that intimate with him. It was usually a quick grope,sex and that was it.

This was different, her mouth was getting nearer to him, he didnt know how to react or what to do, but he knew he wanted her too. He groaned as she started, it was wreaking havoc with his hormones. He had all these sensations going through him, as she worked her magic he managed to reachout and caress her neck he didnt know what else to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you hear something" Maddie asked her breathing heavy.

"Probably just Kit or Henry" Luc said not really caring. He was sat straddling Matilda he gazed down at her naked form and felt himself stiffen she noticed to and grinned.

"looks like your ready for round two" She said kissing him. He pulled away and kissed her neck, he moved slowly down caressing her chest with his mouth. She writhed underneath him, he knew how to please her and that turned him on more. He lifted her up gently so she was straddling him. He felt her hand guide him towards her and they both groaned as their bodies linked. he felt exhilarated, but knew that there was time he had no intention of ending this quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was on top of her his hands exploring her body. She sighed he certainly knew what he was doing. Slowly they began, she wrapped her legs around him enjoying every movement.

Belle looked at Henry she had a feeling he hadnt experienced certain things and she wanted to teach him everything.

Henry was nervous he knew what was expected of him now, but he didnt know if he would be any good. He had no chance to think about it as she manouvered him down. He let his desire to please her take over he felt himself get aroused again as she groaned as he did the work.

"Henry" she whispered as he carried on, he couldnt contain himself anymore and he picked her up and they ended up against the wall neither of them caring if they were gentle with each other or not, It was intense and fast. They both groaned as they finished and fell to the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack groaned as he felt his frustration release he rolled over and looked at Kit, she smiled at him and closed her eyes with satisfaction. He had really enjoyed himself. Maybe after everything he could be happy, could love someone else. If the sex he had just had with Kit was anything to go by they were definately compatible........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 63 - Discoveries

"Are you sure love, it seems a bit fast?" Alf said to Mac as they stood in the diner. She had just told him about Jason moving in.

"Yes Grandad, dont worry. I know what Im doing." She replied.

Sat at a table behind them Rob and Tasha were discussing Martha. "She is just trying to get over Jack" Robbie said,

"Yea but Rushing things with Jason isnt going to help it will all go wrong in the end." Tasha said

"Poor Jack" Robbie whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll go see if they want anything" Luc said as he and Maddie were sat eating breakfast.

"Thanks Honey, I just cant face walking back up the stairs, pregnancy takes it out of you." Maddie smiled at him.

Luc walked upstairs smiling. "Kit, Henry " he called out neither replied. He opened Henry's door and found no-one there. "He must have found his mystery girl" Luc said laughing. He knocked lightly on Kit's door he heard nothing so he opened it. He saw her sleeping then he realised she was leaning on someone, someone very familiar.

"Oh God Jack" he said aloud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I should get going darling" Henry said smiling at her as he got out of bed.

"Really why?" She whined.

"I should see family and friends, Ive been here 3 days and I havent really seen anyone."

"Ok but come see me later" she said smiling at him.

"Sure thing" he said as he got dressed.

"henry" she said as he kissed her goodbye "at least tell me your surname. I figure we are past that point now."

He started walking towards the front door laughing. "Hunter" he shouted back to her.

"No it cant be" she said as her tears fell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Um hi Luc" Jack said grinning Kit was still asleep. Jack got out of bed and wrapped a spare towel round his waist. Luc montioned for him to leave the room and come out onto the landing.

"Whats going on Jack, you and Kit. Please tell me you havent just used my sister in law to help you get over Martha." Luc said sternly.

"I dont know what is going on mate, but I like Kit I really do, we had a good time lets just see what happens ok?" Jack said calmly.

"Ok" Lucas relented "just dont cause problems between our families. Thats all I ask."

"No probs" Jack said opening the door to Kits room. "Oh and Luc I can see why your always at it with Matilda, these Hunter women no what they are doing" He winked at Luc and closed the door.

Luc groaned sometimes he really hated his brother's sense of humour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hunter" she muttered into her tear stained pillow. she couldnt believe it, she had fallen for someone, had got over Ric, and he was a Hunter. After everything Ive done to Matilda not to mention Kim and Lucas. Once he realises who I am he isnt going to want to be with me. she thought.

I have to tell him she decided, get in first explain my side, and hope he understands. I cant lose him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luc. Tash just called Mac has asked Jason to move in with her, how are we going to tel Jack" Maddie said as Luc came down the stairs.

"I dont think it will really be an issue" Luc said quietly.

"Why. It will hurt him I mean I know he finished it, but he cares about Mac thats obvious"

"Well darling, if he cared about her so much I dont think he would have just spent the night in our house having sex with your sister." Luc blurted out....

Thanks guys.

Chapter 64 - Awkwardness

"Is that everything" Mac said to Jason as he carried a box in.

"Yes honey, lets go and grab something to eat." he replied.

"Ok. Then I can tell some more people. Im so excited." Martha was practically shouting.

"Come on then" he said laughing as they left their flat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you want anything" Maddie snapped at Jack as he and Kit were curled up on the sofa, Matilda still wasnt sure how she felt about them being together.

"No thanks" Jack said meekly, he was really quite scared of his sister in law.

"I think we should go out to eat" Kit said noticing the glares she kept getting from her sister.

"Good idea" Jack said all to happy to escape the scary pregnant woman.

"So yea I actually have a live in lover" martha said laughing as she told Flynn and Dan about jason moving in.

"Well congratulations" they both said

" she certainly looks happy" Colleen said to Alf as they watched her walk around the diner.

"That could change" Irene said as she saw Jack and Kit enter.

She saw jack out of the corner of her eye. and decided to walk back to Jason.

Jack saw her too, and he didnt know how to react. Part of him wanted to kiss Kit to prove that he too had moved on, but they had agreed to keep it quiet, till they knew what was actually happening between them.

This should be interesting jason thought to himself

Wow awkwardness, just what I need when Im not sure whats going on with jack and I Kit thought as they sat at the table next to Martha and jason.

Chapter 65 - Siblings

Henry got out of the shower and looked at himself in the mirror, what does she see in me he thought. He was snappd out of his thoughts by Matilda yelling at him, he wrapped a towel around his waist and opened the door.

"Spill" she said to him.

"What" he said grinning as he walked down the stairs.

"You know. Who is the girl thas has you walking on air" she said

"Not saying, All I will say is that Im falling for her Maddie" he couldnt help himself he started telling his sister how he felt. "When she touches me its like electricity shoots through me. She is always in my head and Ive only known her a few days. When we first kissed it was like no other kiss I had ever had. I cant explain it." he blushed as he realised what he had said.

"You dont have to, its how I felt when I first kissed Lucas" She said smiling at her twin. "Which means your in trouble bro."

"I know" he said beaming "Im not letting this one go, no matter what she is too special."

"well I guess you had better go and see her then, instead of spending the afternoon with me" Matilda said "these first days are important go to her, just promise me one thing. When you are ready, I will be the first one to meet her to make sure she is good enough for my twin."

"Sure" he said "Thanks Maddie" he said running up the stairs to get dressed.

She laughed at his excitement, he had only left the girl, 2 hours earlier. She laughed even louder when Henry came running back down dressing at the same time. He kissed her on the cheek and ran out.

Chapter - 66 - Moving on (Just a short one)

Jack was at the counter paying when Martha approached him

"hey" she said nervously.

"Hey" he replied.

"Look Jack, I just thought I should tell you this myself before you heard it from anyone else. Ive asked Jason to move in with me and he's agreed. I hope it doesnt bother you too much."She said quickly.

"Wow Mac, thats great "He said. "Sure its weird and yea it hurts a bit, but I caused this and I m glad your happy, we are both adults so we can handle this. Just be careful, I dont want you to get hurt again."

"Thanks Jack and I know its fast but its right. I hope you find someone too Jack, someone you can actually commit to" she said.

"Me too" he said as they hugged. He looked over Martha's shoulder and smiled at Kit Maybe I have already he thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kit saw the smile and it made her feel secure. He didnt want Martha she was sure of it

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jason watched the scene too, she looks disappointed he thought. Obviously jack didnt give the right reaction. Maybe I havent done the right thing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Martha walked back to her seat. He really doesnt mind she thought. What do I do now?

Chapter 67 - Truth

Belle opened the door to find Henry stood there grinning.

"Hi, I didnt expect it to be you" she said nervously she hadnt planned what to say yet.

"Couldnt keep away" he said kissing her, she pulled away.

"Henry I have to tell you something please sit down" she said. I cant believe Im doing this she thought. I really dont want to but we cant go on. I need to be honest. I cant become obsessed again.

"Henry, what Im about to say will probably make you never want to see me again and I wouldnt blame you. Believe me I am only telling you this because I want to be honest. Your Matilda Hunter's brother arent you?" she asked.

"Yes she is my twin" he answered confused.

"So you know what happened last year then?"

"I know some of it, obviously because Kim died and Lucas got hurt, but I didnt get much detail because I was in europe at the time and didnt speak to the family much, and when I cam back everything was getting back to normal." he said

"It was me Henry, I killed kim, I hurt Lucas, I kidnapped your sister. Its not how it seems please let me explain" she said looking deep into his eyes.

She told him the whole story. tears running down both their faces. She talked for an hour, he just sat there and listened. She explained how Kim's death had been an accident, how she had hit him but hadnt intended to kill him.. How the tablets she was now on controlled her, so she shouldnt have anymore episodes. She explained how she felt about Ric, and then Cassie. How Luc and matilda were easy people to blame.

She finished and waited. It was ten minutes until Henry spoke.

"I didnt expect any of that. Why would I." he said stunned "Im glad you told me and I wish I knew what to say. It isnt going to be easy for you?"

"I know" she said "but I have to try and make it up to them."

He moved closer to her and held her tightly. "And I will be here through it all Belle. I wont leave your side I promise."

"What you still want to be with me." she said baffled.

"of course I do. I couldnt be without you now. I know its only been a few days but Im in love with you Belle." he said with tears in his eyes.

She couldnt help it tears kept falling, she sobbed louder and louder hiding her face in his chest.

"Sshh" he said rocking her slowly. He sat the cradling her for 20 minutes, kissing the top of her head. He knew this wasnt going to be easy, but he didnt care. He felt strongly for Belle and he would fight anything to be with her.

"I love you too" he heard her whisper.

His heart swelled, from that moment he knew that whatever they had to go through would be worth it..........

Chapter 68 - Spotted.

"Are you sure we can afford it, my wages from the centre are not a lot and with Dan still working there it wont be easy?" Cass asked.

"My wages will cover a lot of it , and as for working with dan, just find something else I can support us both for a while. I dont want you to feel uncomfortable." Ric said. "Anyway lets go and see if we like the flat first. Then we can sort out the financial side."

"Ok but we cant rush into anything" Cassie said as they left the house

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Coming" Belle shouted as she heard a knock at her front door. She ran to open it.

"hey Irene" she said as she saw the woman she thought of as a mother stood in front of her.

"Hey dahl, Ive done some shopping and thought you could do with some bits" she said walking straight into the kitchen. "Belle love have I disturbed something, why is the table set for two for lunch. Did you know I was coming?"

"Um, Irene there is something you should know" Belle said anxioulsy. "The guy I met before is now my boyfriend and before you say anything Im not obsessed or diluded, I love him and he loves me simple as that."

"Ok" Irene said cautiously "But are you sure its the right thing I mean how will he react when you tell him your history. You have to tell him."

"She already has Irene" Henry said walking into the room.

"Ric we have to have it, its perfect. We can make a proper home here" Cass said excitedly.

Laughing Ric said "What happened to not rushing into anything?"

"Please" she whined.

"Ok, Ok I will ring the agent" she put her arms around him and kissed him softly. "Im a sucker" he said.

"Henry" Irene shouted "Oh my god have you two lost your minds. This unbelievable."

"I will go and let you two talk this through" Henry said "but Irene believe me when I say I love Belle with all my heart, and I will stay with her and Protect her no matter what"

"I'll show you out" Belle said walking with Henry to the front door. "Thanks" she whispered in his ear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thats great thanks" Ric said into his mobile. "Yea I'll see you then" he was about to shut the door to the flat and tell Cass the good news when a noise made him turn. Through the gap in the door he could see a couple kissing.

He smiled to himself and then gasped as they pulled apart. It couldnt be no way.......................

Thanks for the reviews guys.

Chapter 69 - Disbelief

"Are you sure love? This could make everything worse for you. I cant see the Hunters welcoming you with open arms." Irene said.

"I know but he is worth it. You never know Matilda may have read the letter I sent and it might help the situation now." Belle said hopefully.

"Just take things slowly with everyone, dont expect too much too soon, Dont throw you and Henry in their faces." Irene said but she knew her words were falling on deaf ears as she could see the dreamy expression on Belle's face. She really hoped it would work out for them but she honestly couldnt see it happening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ric stood in the doorway after the guy had left and the girl had gone back in the flat. He wasnt sure if he had imagined seeing them. Shaking his head he went back inside to Cass. "We can move in in two weeks" he said.

"Thats great everything will be brilliant" She said excitedly.

"Yea" he said hugging her tightly, but he couldnt shake the feeling that everything was about to get worse. Especially if he had seen what he thought he had.

"Hi Lucas" henry said entering the house. Lucas was sat with papers all around him" What are you doing?"

"I start my new job tomorrow thought I had better swat up on the mayor. I want to make a good impression." Luc said

"Oh right, Is Matilda here?" Henry asked not really listening to Lucas.

"No she has gone to see your mum. Why did you want something?" Luc said looking up at Henry.

"Yes actually. I heard something about what happened to you guys last year. Is it true it was all cause of Ric Dalby and the girl that did everything was his girlfriend." Henry asked.

"That right" Lucas said suspiciously" Well sort of it wasnt really Ric's fault. Belle his girlfriend lost control, some sort of mental problem."

"Right, yea. So what would you do if you saw her again?" Henry said quickly.

"I have no idea. Henry mate, what is going on?" Luc asked. "Your confusing me."

"Nothing, She just. Nothing. Dont worry." he stopped and gazed out the window.

Luc got up and went over to his brother in law, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Henry what is going on" he repeated.

"Im sorry Luc its Belle. She is the mystery girl. Im in love with her. How do I tell everyone. What do i do.?"

A single tear fell down Henry's face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You've been quiet all afternoon. Whats the matter?" Cass said staring at Ric.

"Nothing babe. Look Im going to pop over to the flat I think I left my keys there." he said leaving her looking puzzled.

10 minutes later he stood outside the flat next to his. He took a deep breath and knocked.

The door opened slowly. Ric got nervous. He looked up and saw her standing there.

"It was you" he said....................

Chapter 70 - The test.

"Ric, what are you , how did you. Hi" Belle said shocked at seeing him at her door.

"Belle, what the hell are you doing here? When were you released? You were released werent you?" Ric said walking into her flat.

"Yes Im free well sort of I have to report back all the time but technically Im free." Belle said.

"And you have yourself a new obsession if Im not mistaken" Ric said angrily.

"What Im not sure what you mean" She said scared.

"And a Hunter, what a treat. Are you trying to hurt Matilda more. You killed her ex-fiance, Injured the love of her life, and now your what shagging her brother."

"Oh so you know about Henry." she said quietly

"I saw you. You see Cass and I are going to be your new neighbours." he said.

"Wow your moving in together. Congratulations" Belle said trying to steer the conversation to something happy.

"Yes and we are engaged. Does that make you angry? Do you want to hurt me? Oh no thats right you love me, you just hurt people I care about." Ric was shouting.

"Ric please. Im sorry I wasnt in control then and for the record Im in love with Henry." Belle started to cry. "Im not in love with you anymore. We can all move on, well thats what I hope."

"Really" he said walking towards her. "Your in love with Henry when he has been here what 3 or 4 days. Are you sure?" he started stroking her face. He pulled her towards him and pressed his lips to hers, for a split second he thought she was going to kiss him back, but she pushed him away.

"No Ric, I dont want you anymore. Stop it." She cried.

"Well that I will believe and maybe you do love Henry, but why Belle why come back here, why choose Henry, a Hunter for gods sake. Why hurt us all again." Ric had tears in his eyes now. "Do you know how much guilt we all felt. How much I felt? I cared about you Belle really I did. I just fell for Cassie. I didnt plan it It just happened.

"I know Ric, i know." She sobbed "I didnt know what I was doing honestly."

"Well thats great for you. But what about Kim, what about Lucas, What about matilda. What about what you did to all of our lives" He shouted at her and then stormed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you prepared to lose all of your family? Luc said " Cause that is a big possibility."

"I know, but I have to be with her, How do I explain this to you Lucas" Henry said "Ok picture it like this. When you and Matilda got together you were both with other people. Imagine if Kim hadnt died if the Belle thing hadnt happened. Matilda may have stayed with Kim out of loyalty. You and her would have had to sneak around, hide your feelings. Never be able to tell anyone how much you loved her. How she is the one for you. How would you have felt?"

"It would have killed me, I wouldnt have been able to do that, You know how much I love your sister." Luc said.

"Thats how I feel about Belle, Lucas. Im happy and I want to tell people but I have to face this test, my love for my family or my love for her. And my love for her will always win" Henry said sadly.

"Your love for who?" A voice said.

"Nothing it doesnt matter " Henry said turning his head to find Cassie standing there.

"What brings you here?" Luc said trying to change the subject.

"Boredom" She replied "Just thought I would come and see what Maddie was doing. But I guess im interrupting something" she eyed Henry with suspiciously.

"No not at all would you like a coffee?" Luc carried on as normal.

Henry mumbled something and went upstairs.

"Is he ok?" Cass asked.

"Yes just women trouble" Luc said " Some girl has finally captured the heart of Henry Hunter. Seriously though its nothing to worry about he will sort it out. Anyway whats new with you?"

Cass started rambling about Ric and the flat. She was careful not to mention the engagement as they hadnt told anyone yet. Lucas was only half listening all he could think of was weather or not he should tell his wife about Henry and Belle. He didnt want to stress her after all she was pregnant but he didnt want to lie to her either.

Why does happiness never last long he thought to himself and sighed.........

Archived