Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

On 28/02/2017 at 1:28 PM, H&Alover said:

It took more than a few attempts to crack the password, Mason started off that evening and was still at it the next day, as I said before it was only Justin seeing Raffy twiddling with the necklace that made the penny drop.   For all we know it could have included digits, caps, symbols.  Decker was a clever cop so no way would he have made it simple.

How do you know he spent the whole time trying to guess the passwords throughout the duration that you mentioned?  When he first started doing it he was in the living room.  The next day he was in the garden?  He was wearing different clothes, had time to get changed and maybe even showered or slept.  We didn't actually see him spend the whole time doing anything.  This is just an assumption.  Besides anyone familiar with password security will say you should never use a dictionary word as a password.  The word "sparrow" (i.e. a dictionary word) is what I assume they tried as if it had been different they would have said.  The fact that they were able to guess the password in such a short amount of time just by sitting there and typing different combinations (given the number of combinations there are) proves it was just a few attempts.  They would obviously be limited to the number of passwords they could type per minute, the number of passwords to think of to type and to remember the passwords that they had already tried - they would have invariably start running out of passwords to think of and typed the same thing without realising.  Putting that aside even if they were able to try say a thousand different passwords that's still a few in comparison to 8031810176.  If you include capitals, numbers and special characters the number of combinations for 7 characters is 69833729609375.

I do have to admit, I felt a little bit sorry for Justin when he went to see his daughter and his ex basically told him to get lost.  I also felt bad for him when he left his cap and his daughter picked it up and gave it to him.  Although he can't realistically expect to pick up where he left off after seven years of absence even if it wasn't his fault.  I wasn't expecting him to literally go crying to Phoebe and I thought for a second that would be enough for her to change her mind about them but she's not over him not saying the L-word back to her.

The moment Tori started planning her future with Nate I just knew there was going to be trouble in paradise.  I can't really blame Nate for getting annoyed with her.  I'm still extremely annoyed Mason sabotaged his career path and I'm still not happy she's still lying to him even though I can understand why she wants to protect her brother - although I want to see some comeback with Mason.  It had never occurred to me with his previous relationships/marriages i.e. Sophie and Ricky that the honesty thing was such a problem.  Although I don't recall it being an issue with Kat and there's an argument that Sophie did her best to make amends but that didn't appear to make any difference.  Can't really say I blame him for wanting to break things off.

The town's reaction to the Morgan's whole involvement with the Syndicate and the trashing of Salt was ridiculous.  I liked the way Raffy stood up to those guys and Phoebe's speech defending them and Justin in particular was even better.  That is one thing I really like about her i.e. she's got real balls.  She was the same when she used to stand up to Brax.

Marilyn was being annoying as usual quizzing Nate about Tori and the way she was gossiping about the Morgans and left to go into the back of the Diner just a Justin came in.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the ongoing password saga, I guess Decker chose something that would be meaningless to the syndicate but which the Morgans could guess. After all, Turner did ultimately crack it with police software in even less time (or that's what she claims anyway). Marilyn's attempts to act nonchalant were as transparent as ever. The lynch mob was ridiculous, with that guy that set a mob on Leah and Zac at the start of the season back making even less sense. The absurd thing about these characters is that when you've got people who've actually done things that you'd expect to have the town turn on them for (Hunter, the Barretts and indeed the Braxtons) no-one does anything, yet they go around vandalising the homes and business of people who don't deserve it. It's like the vigilante equivalent of "Only the innocent go to jail in soaps." I would have preferred it if they'd stuck with Raffy standing up to the cowards rather than have Phoebe ride in and take over, but I agreed with what she said.

Nate is being a total douche as per: Ironically, having been injected with drugs by a hitman and had the plane he was on sabotaged, he's probably got reason to feel put out. But instead he asks the victim because Tori supposedly disclosed something he should have disclosed himself? It was frustrating that she wasn't willing to admit that Mason did it, but that probably wouldn't have placated Nate anyway. And I always find it laughable when this serial cheat tries to act like he's the one hard done by in his past relationships. That's not the way Kat tells it.

Well, Evelyn was putting in a pretty pathetic show at the end, standing there screaming at Matt instead of calling the fire brigade like he asked. She couldn't have been less help if she tried.

Well that's torn it...I'll be saying "Get lost" to H&A after the season finale for 2016 which I believe is coming up fairly soon. I HAAAAATE Home and Away. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Can somebody help me understand why TPTB paired Nate and Tori right from the start and did all that back and forth and dancing around before FINALLY getting them together and then after three weeks it's just all over???

I was so keen for Nate and Tori to get together and I was really really happy when finally they did!!!! I'd given up all hope and just accepted they were gonna be friends tbh. I fiiiiiiiiiiinally had something to look forward to with this lousy show again!!! :wub::wub: Then TPTB just throw them away coz it suits the storyline? RUBBISH.

I mean yeah I suppose I don't blame Nate for doing breaking things off. Honesty is very important in a relationship. Tori should've just told Nate the whole truth. I'm sure if she'd been fully honest with him about the whole thing with Care Flight - including the reasons why with Mason Nate would've listened to her! He was always been so lovely, understanding, supportive and reasonable to her! :wub: 

BAD FORM H&A. BAD FORM. 

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

And I always find it laughable when this serial cheat tries to act like he's the one hard done by in his past relationships. That's not the way Kat tells it.

But that doesn't make Nate a bad person though. I mean I liked his relationship with Kat (didn't think I would when they first started) but I have forgiven him for cheating with Ricky. Um correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you would anyway) but Nate and Ricky never got physical until he broke up with Kat did they? 

Well, Evelyn was putting in a pretty pathetic show at the end, standing there screaming at Matt instead of calling the fire brigade like he asked. She couldn't have been less help if she tried.
Oh yeah!! Evie!! First, Evie: He's using the fire extinguisher like a responsible adult! It's oil/petrol. HIGHLY flammable: VERY serious!!! Matt's not going into a burning/collapsing building. Second: Call the dang fire brigade instead of just yelling you hysterical wreck!!! 

1 hour ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

But that doesn't make Nate a bad person though. I mean I liked his relationship with Kat (didn't think I would when they first started) but I have forgiven him for cheating with Ricky. Um correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you would anyway) but Nate and Ricky never got physical until he broke up with Kat did they? 

Wrong, they slept together when he was still dating Kat.

OK Mason had a sleep, washed, changed his clothes, ate then got back to trying to crack the password, we don't know either way how many permutations he tried.  Decker, as I have said before, was a clever cop, maybe it was the fact it was a simple password was the reason he chose it.

That was sad when Ava handed Justin his cap and he realised who she was, clever casting by TPTB btw, she did look so like him. I'm guessing there are no photos of Justin/Jack at Nina's which is why Ava didn't recognise him.  I can absolutely understand Nina reacting the way she did, he disappeared leaving her not knowing what to say to a two year old when she asked where daddy was.  Did she not try and contact the rest of the Morgan's (sorry Lees') at the time and wonder why none of them were around?  Btw did I mishear Justin, only I thought I heard him say 'Why don't you ask the police or Tori'? Only Nina would have known Tori as Tessa.  Odd why he couldn't tell Tori but went to Phoebe instead who gave good advice about giving Nina time, if their story goes national as it surely will, she'd soon find out it was true. Interesting Phoebe didn't let onto Evie she knew the truth about the Morgan's but acted as if she'd only just found out like everyone else, Kat worked it out the other night  after the guilty verdict on Turner and co. I guess a big story like that would trump (sorry to drag his name into it) Phoebe and Evie's musical festival. It's going to hard for them all transitioning back to their old life, some like Tori wanting to revert back to using her real name Tessa, Mason and Brody wanting to keep their new name, especially Brody not wanting to go back to Bart given the nickname he had!  Mason being glad he can get a fb profile and a Twitter account.

I can't understand why Marilyn freaked out the way she did, I Know the bay haven't know the Morgan's that long, but long enough to know they're not bad people, hopefully the paper will expand on the story and give more facts.  This rent a mob lot that only seem to appear whenever someone has been falsely accused of something then to use Phoebe's words 'crawl back under their stone' not to be seen again until the next time!  Of course the police should have been told even if there was no proof of who did it, there would have been fingerprints, DNA to go on. Good for Raffy giving them what for, then Phoebe backing her up. The fire at the garage is a whole different thing though, Matt did exactly the right thing, trying to put it out before it reached anything inflammable.  Instead of screaming at him to stop Evie should have called the Fire Brigade, but as we saw tonight she does explain to Zac why she reacted the way she did, she didn't want to lose anyone else.

Tori nearly had Nate on side, after wise words from Alf got him to go back and hear her side. Then of course he had to raise the Care Flight question again, why is it different that Mason actually made the call and could lose his job when it was OK she did it, was it because she was his boss at the time so was acting responsibly?  True Nate hasn't been completely innocent in his romantic dalliances, but he thought his marriage to Sophie was over when he got together with Hannah or have I got that wrong, breaks up with her, gets together with Ricky who leaves him for Brax, then moves onto Kat, back to Ricky who he marries but then she leaves him again for Brax. He has been messed about a lot.

10 hours ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

Um correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you would anyway) but Nate and Ricky never got physical until he broke up with Kat did they? 

9 hours ago, christine king said:

Wrong, they slept together when he was still dating Kat.

Wow, I'd actually forgotten that, I thought they just kissed but christine's quite right, they slept together. And he also kissed Hannah while he was still living with Sophie.

8 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Btw did I mishear Justin, only I thought I heard him say 'Why don't you ask the police or Tori'? Only Nina would have known Tori as Tessa. 

I thought he said Tessa.

Okay, give Evie her due, she apparently did manage to dial 000 in between yelling at Matt.It was nice to see Zac being a bit paternal towards Evelyn, we don't see enough of that.Matt and Evelyn really need to stop going to school formals, something seems to go wrong every time.This was probably the best.And Evelyn does exactly what Justin was getting yelled at for doing not too long ago...I should probably sympathise but her constant "I lose everyone I love" speeches got old a long time ago.

Hunter again acts like a jerk towards Olivia for moving on and then says he's fine with it: It's beginning to feel like they're both full of mixed messages.I'm glad that Olivia and Mason got to have that chat about him being in witness protection and they are actually quite cute at times.(Ironic that Olivia dealt with it more maturely than Nate.So did Phoebe, for that matter...)Irene seems to be hedging her bets: Having been advising Olivia to stay away from Hunter recently, she's now hammering home the point that she's not over him.Nice little bit of Heath winding Olivia up, the show has a tendency to have characters living in the same house and then never giving them scenes together.I'm far from convinced that Evelyn did the right thing telling Olivia about Hunter's drunken ramblings, it didn't seem to achieve anything except spoiling her night.She was a pretty rubbish date to Mason, off making eyes at Hunter or dancing with him as soon as he turned his back, but looking at it objectively I'm not sure he's got the right to act hard done by at her still having feelings for Hunter: He did stress that he's not her boyfriend, so effectively they were just going as friends.

I'm glad Evie confided in Zac and didn't keep it bottled up, the flash back we saw her having must have brought it all  back Matt was right when he said to her she can't live her life afraid to fall for someone in case she loses them it's a chance we all have to take. I know it's been a while since it happened but there are always going to be things that bring it back. 

Does Olivia not read the local paper, only she seemed so surprised to find out about Mason and her OTT reaction was a bit hard to swallow.  She did have an adult conversation with him about it though and it was rather sweet of him admitting he'd never had a formal due to the fact they were always on the move.  If Olivia was so over Hunter why the slow dance with him which she seemed to be enjoying a little too much if she was as over him as she keeps saying she is. She did treat Mason very shabbily, looking over at Hunter when Mason was talking to her, don't blame him walking off like he did. She did look good btw. That little face off between Hunter and Mason thankfully ended when Hunter took himself off, then Mason walked away, but is revived the next day.

What was Bianca playing out, after congratulating Heath on booking them an appointment to see a marriage counsellor, a big thing for a Braxton to do,  she doesn't turn up on time choosing instead to sort the details out of her new job, no wonder Heath flipped out, especially after finding out it was Zac she was talking to about it!   

On 02/03/2017 at 3:25 PM, H&Alover said:

OK Mason had a sleep, washed, changed his clothes, ate then got back to trying to crack the password, we don't know either way how many permutations he tried.

No we don't but as I alluded to in my previous post we can assume it's a few compared to the total number (given how quickly he found it) as he would be limited by how fast he could type, think and remember.  Here's a link that outlines how long it would take to crack a password on an encrypted USB stick using a modern day computer.

http://www.usbcrypt.com/recover-password-test/

Bear in mind a computer can run several orders of magnitude faster than a human being and doesn't have the issues of getting tired, slowing down, running out of passwords to think of, stopping for a comfort break or having a shower.  This is for a particular brand but the technology is generally the same regardless of who the vendor is.  If you're interested (which you probably aren't) this explains exactly how difficult in can be even for passwords of 7 characters which is why as I said previously that the password was easy and guessed after only a few attempts.

On 02/03/2017 at 3:25 PM, H&Alover said:

Decker, as I have said before, was a clever cop, maybe it was the fact it was a simple password was the reason he chose it.

Yes I already posted this last week when I originally made the point (part in question highlighted in bold): 

On 25/02/2017 at 6:35 PM, Slade said:

Forgot to mention that I couldn't understand why Decker chose such an easy password for such a huge amount of sensitive data but assumed that it was in case anything happened to him that one of the Morgans would be able to guess it.

but it was ignored because you're so determined to disagree with me.

I've been hearing about the formal but completely forgot that usually means one thing - We're near the end of season. I'm not really a fan of Olivia and Hunter as a couple but I didn't mind their scenes.  I would even go as far as saying I actually enjoyed them.  It seems as though Hunter has some sort of hold over her.  That was evident from the way she was looking across at him before he asked her to dance with him.  And even when he walked up to her and during that scene she seemed nervous being around him and then she kept staring right into his eyes.  I wasn't sure at first about Evelyn telling Olivia that Hunter is still in love with him.  I didn't think it was her place and I'm not sure she did the right thing although I can understand why she did it given her present state.  Despite my dislike for Mason, I don't really think it's fair on him.  I wasn't too keen on her dancing with Hunter when she was on a date with him.  Olivia probably shouldn't' be dating anyone right now and especially not Hunter.

Can't imagine what it must be like to be in Evelyn's shoes.  I think it's very telling that she was in love with Josh less than a month ago but is now quickly falling for Matt and she freaked out at the very prospect of losing him.  I've said before it's one of those things that's going to take time but she's been like this for months which is a long time in soapland although it's very realistic.

Alf's episode count this week:Two (and he was credited on Tuesday and Thursday despite not appearing).Mason was in four but wasn't credited on Monday (and neither were Nate, Tori, Brody and Raffy, suggesting all those scenes at the end of the episode where a bunch of new characters turned up were moved from Tuesday's episode late in the day).

Well, watching Hunter get punched in the face never gets old, but while he was being a creep, objectively speaking Mason was the one who started both the verbal and physical confrontation, and he deserved that ticking off from Alf.To be as generous to Mason as possible, it did arguably start with him merely being a bit confrontational about doing his job and warning Hunter the beach was going to be closed, but it soon crossed the line into personal.It's slightly amusing that Olivia's quick to dub Hunter a psycho when they're at odds, even though she seems perfectly fine about his behaviour when they're together.Having been on the fence yesterday, Irene was resolutely Team Mason today, but then she does seem to change sides whenever the plot requires it.Anyway, despite the decisions everyone's made, it seems very unlikely Olivia will stay away from either boy for long.

It was nice to get a bit of humour between Heath and Bianca at long last.I loved Heath's summing up of the absurdity of their relationship and he was right:These are issues they sorted out a long time ago, so I'm not sure why they're having such difficulty now.Mind you, Bianca got the wisecrack of the episode with "You know what Cheryl would say?"/"I need fifty bucks?" Darcy didn't seem entirely convinced that it's all good.Incidentally, we saw Irene cleaning a girl's SBH uniform yesterday:I wondered if it was Darcy's but guess it must have been Olivia's old one.I would like to be interested in the person following Heath and Bianca but it sounds like that's going to be followed up on in the next special rather than the actual series, which is a bit of a letdown.

The money finally gets mentioned again: Billie seems less than comfortable with taking it, VJ seems fine, probably because it's his relatives.I think both VJ and Ash have valid points:Ash really isn't helping matters by constantly reminding Billie what's going on, but it is too big for her to just forget about it.Her reaction to Irene shows she's still got issues, even if it was partly down to Ash's stirring.Ash is wrong about one thing though:While Billie may have not have had justice exactly, she does know who did it and he is locked up and it hasn't helped.Oh, and then Ash gets dragged down the police station for about the twentieth time this season.

Whilst I did agree that Mason was harsh I thought he was within his rights to give Olivia that serve.  She's been giving him mixed signals and was being totally self-centered.  I absolutely LOVED the fight scene between him and Hunter and was smiling through the whole thing.  I thoroughly enjoyed the way Hunter was winding Mason up and got in his face.  The best part was when Alf broke it up.  I also really liked the way Olivia stormed over to the gym after she overheard Alf telling Irene about it and automatically blamed Hunter - Which was basically an excuse to see him.  I think she's right to go at it alone for now.  She's not really into Mason and is almost forcing herself to date him in the hope that her feelings will change so she can get over Hunter

I enjoyed Billie's face after Leah gave her and VJ the cheque from her parents and told Billie to ring them to say thank you.  It didn't occur to me that Billie's little outburst at the Diner was because it was Irene and not necessarily because she was insisting that she needed help.  She is now struggling to rein Ash in who is totally out for blood.  I'm really enjoying seeing him bent up with rage and wanting revenge.  I'm assuming Kat is completely over him now given that she seems a lot more genuine with her professionalism.  He obviously wasn't behind the fire at the garage so it will be interesting to see what happens regarding that.

I'm not sure where Heath and Bianca are exactly.  They appear to be on the right path but have got a lot of work to do.  It's not good that Irene and more importantly Darcy can clearly see that there's still tension.  I would like to think that a short belated honeymoon trip would do them some good but judging by the fact they were being followed probably not.

Archived