Which bands or artists have you seen?

Guest TabbyCool

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of going to concerts, but nonetheless, I've been to a few. I saw The Cure back in around 1997 or so, I think, although it was before I'd really gotten into them, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would now. I've also seen The Scissor Sisters, for a friend of my sister's birthday around Halloween, so they did a pretty cool stage show.

Last year, I think I realised why I don't normally enjoy live music all that much: it's because most of the bands I like are either dead or stopped touring decades ago. Hence why it was a nice surprise to enjoy the '80s cheese of Go West live, at a free festival in Coventry during 2009. Great fun shouting along to 'King of Wishful Thinking' and 'We Close Our Eyes'. In a similar vein, I also got to see Wizzard live when I went to see a recording of Jonathan Ross a few christmases back, which was cool. Then there was Bananarama at a Birmingham New Year thing ages ago, but only two of them: the successful third one didn't want to join them, unsurprisingly.

Seeing Chesney Hawkes live (twice, randomly: he was at some nightclub, and then later at my students' union) was fun too, though bizarrely he isn't allowed to sing 'I Am The One And Only', because he's sold the rights. Speaking of university, quite a few bands passed through there: I'm annoyed I was too drunk to remember Odyssey, as I love old disco. Supergrass played at our finalists ball, along with a bunch of other bands at various union events I can't remember. They can't have been very memorable in that case, though.

No doubt I'd love one of those tours with a bunch of old '80s bands looking to pry money out of people's wallets via nostalgia. Would work on me. :P

John Mayer <3 It was freaking amazing :D

Omg. It bloody was. :D I'm seeing him again in May! Woot! :D

Since my last updated list, I've seen Pixie Lott, JLS, P!nk, Beyonce [Free tickets! :P & I'm not even that much of a fan...], Snow Patrol & Silversun pickups, John Mayer and the X Factor tour [2008 lot]. I'm seeing Ellie Golding next month, I've got John Mayer coming up in May, Alicia Keys and Diana Vickers, Leona in June, & ima try & get tickets to the wireless festival in July. :D

• 5 months later...

I recently saw Belle Perez and she was amazing. :D She has a lot of energy and it's hard not to want to dance when you hear her songs. I was just a bit disappointed she sung mostly Spanish songs. I know she currently sings in Spanish but it would have been nice to hear some of her older songs like Hello World for instance or just a medley of her older songs. She still rocked though. :)

Archived