Current Episodes In Ireland

Guest gryphons_halo

In an RTE Guide Poll of the Top 100 TV Shows of all time, the Irish public have voted Home and Away in 22nd place which is pretty good considering it's an all time poll.

Wow, that is pretty good.

Is there anybody on the forum who still watches on RTE? I've switched to downloading the eps at Australian pace :P

Yep I still watch on RTE as well as AUS pace because its nice to see it actually on the tv.Sometimes I wish i couldnt download it or even know any spoilers because Id like to watch day to day not knowing what was going to happen like in the olden days!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They never advertise Eastenders either and it's one of the highest rated shows on RTE One. It would be a waste of money for RTE to keep advertising it, people who have never watched an ep of H&A even know where & when to find it. It's pretty much an institution at this stage.

Although they would want to cop on with the occasional lunch time only airings.

Is the list online anywhere?

Yeah they dont advse eastenders I dont know why but i have seen H&A being advertised once or twice.Not actually advertising H&A but a kind of a mixture of all RTEs shows.Eastenders does well on RTE because have you noticed how much better the picture is on RTE 1 than BBC 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this on the main site ;

RTE has renewed a deal with distributor Southern Star to retain Home and Away for another five years.

In a package that is expected to give Irish viewers new drama Packed To The Rafters and children's favourite Hi-5 as well as H&A, Southern Star has signed for a further five years.

Home And Away has aired in Ireland for almost 2 decades and continues it's popularity as part of RTE2's weekday schedule.

This is the official press release;

Aussie soap keeps its Irish home

MIPCOM NEWS: RTE and Australia's Southern Star have renewed their long-standing output deal, in a move that keeps Aussie soap Home and Away at the Irish public broadcaster.

The agreements secures RTE's broadcast rights to Home and Away for a further five years, after an uninterrupted 20-year run in its weekday schedule.

Building on two previous agreements between RTE and Southern Star, the latest deal also includes an annual guaranteed pick-up of TV movies, drama series, children's, factual and library titles.

Among these are the UK version of preschool show Hi-5, produced for Cartoonito and GMTV in the UK by Darrall Macqueen; the new Australian drama Packed to the Rafters, from Seven Network Australia; and new episodes of Wire in the Blood, from Coastal Productions.

"RTE has a very long and fruitful relationship with Southern Star," said Dermot Horan, director of broadcast and acquisitions at RTE. "We were the very first broadcaster in the Northern Hemisphere to show Home and Away and it continues to be our most popular daily show on RTE2.

"The sheer range of the Southern Star catalogue, from the best of Australian drama and factual programming to top-end ITV and BBC dramas and excellent natural history and children's programming, makes it a perfect fit with RTE's mixed-genre channels."

Nudity in H&A tonight! Just a pity it was an actor nobody would want to see naked!

Angelo is great! I really hope he makes it into the regular cast and isn't going to turn out be a psycho.

He's a breath of fresh air compared to boring Roman & Aden.

• 2 months later...

Good news!The magazine will be available in Ireland but they havn't confirmed a date yet. I emailed Seven to ask them.

Ah crap. How am I going to buy it? I can't just walk in and buy it! :o I have a reputation to hold! :P

I haven't been watching H&A Irish-pace. But I believe we're getting closer to Australia. Three weeks or something? That's quite good!

Archived