Summer Bay 2017

Guest Shane&Angel4Eva

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, thanks for the nice things you had to say about my story. Here is the next chapter. It is only a mini chapter, trying to set the scene a little before the climax.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

Sally had just put the triplets down to bed, and decided she really needed to put her feet up. It wasn’t easy being eight and a half months pregnant, having three 5-year olds to run after, not to mention a teenage daughter that was hell bent on disobeying her every word. On top of that, she wasn’t sure the Acting Principal at Summer Bay High was sufficiently experienced to handle the job. Those kids, “her kids” could be a handful.

She felt the baby kick inside. She prayed that she would go into labour soon. She couldn’t wait to meet this new addition to their family. She thought back to the day when she found out she was pregnant with the triplets. It was one of the happiest days of her life.

When Flynn was alive they were told they couldn’t have children because she had had ovarian cancer, and Leah was actually a surrogacy mother for Pippa. But with the new technology, and the help of IVF she finally realised her dream of being pregnant, and giving birth.

She sat on the couch and turned on the TV, Jerry Springer was on. “Ek” she said aloud “This is rubbish”. She flicked the chanels and settled on reruns of her favourite soap, from when she was a kid. She smiled at how unrealistic, yet enjoyable the show was.

Sally’s exhaustion caught up with her, and her eyes began to close, and she drifted into semi-consiousness. The next thing she knew her husband was sitting next to her on the lounge, her head on his lap, and his arms around her.

“Oh my god, I’ve slept for so long….the boys….”

“They’re fine, I sent them over to Tasha’s for the afternoon. You needed the rest/”

“…And Pippa…? We had a fight…oh no…”

“She’s fine too. Over at Leah’s”

“But that is the last place I want her….”

“…Listen, she is fine for the moment, Leah is there, and they are doing their homework. Your health, and that of the baby’s is more important to me than trying to keep that daughter of ours away from VJ, and besides – she sees him every day at school.”

Sally smiled. It was true, she knew she really couldn’t keep them apart forever, and Leah was there. And she loved the fact that he called her “our daughter”, it made her feel as though the burden of raising a teenager wasn’t on her shoulders. From the moment they started dating, he made it clear that he would help raise Pippa, and would do everything he could to support them both. She loved this man so much, and so did Pippa, thankfully.

She sat up slowly, and wrapped her arms around her husband’s neck, “You look after me so well, I don’t know what I can do to make it up to you”

His eyebrows raised, and with a cheeky grin he said “I am sure I can think of something”

Sally laughed “Well apparently it helps induce labour….” She tightened the grasp she had around him and bought her lips to his….

Archived