Smallville

Guest kewt_princess

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just one question. What happened in the last couple of series to make Lois and Clark start fancying each other? Last thing I saw, Lois was going out with the Green Arrow and Clark didn't have a girlfriend. (he should have gone out with Chloe of course, not Lana)

Not sure how long it was after Lois and Oliver split up but I think Lois started to develop feelings for Clark when he started working with her at the daily planet. This was then reciprocated the more time he spent with her (you would really have to watch the episodes). TBH I’m not sure if it would have happened if Lana hadn’t have left. In season 8 every scene Clark and Lois were in together they got closer and closer but there was one episode where they were about to kiss and Lana showed up. Clark completely sidelined Lois and it was like she didn’t exist (seriously I could have throttled Lana in that episode and Clark for that matter). I do think that Clark is really serious about Lois now though. The fact that he hasn’t told her his secret (but kept making secret phone calls to her last season as the red-blue blur i.e. when he was a super hero). The fact that he took the whole relationship really slowly last season – TBH I’m not even sure if they’ve slept together yet. Although Lois did sleep with Clark from an alternate future when she got transported forward in time – Sorry I’m digressing a bit.

It’s interesting that you mentioned Chloe and Oliver. I always preferred Chloe and Clark as friends although if it was a choice out of Clark and Chloe and Clark and Lana I would choose Clark and Chloe every time. Anyway I think it’s ironic that both Chloe and Oliver were in love with Clark and Lois respectively for years but after being unsuccessful they both fell in love with each other. Kind of like the rejects having no other options – Sorry that was harsh. Seriously though I think it helped they were in the same line of work, both knew Clark’s secret so there was nothing really to hide and this helped remove any complications/barriers.

I haven’t actually seen tonight’s episode but some thoughts on the season so far.

-Last season when Lois suspected Clark was the red-blue blur she seemed a bit hurt when she thought Clark felt as though he couldn’t tell her but I’m glad now that she knows, she understands why he has to retain his anonymity.

-Impression I got from the last interaction I saw with Clark and Tess is that at least for the time being she’s taken over Chloe’s mantle (I really hope not after all the lives she’s ruined and apparently seems to have got off scot free).

-Really glad Kara’s back. I was actually hoping she and Jimmy would get together (When he was still alive of course).

Thanks for that Slade, it helps :D I was confused cos the last time I saw Lois she disliked Clark :lol:

So, Oliver and Chloe are now together and her marriage to Jimmy ended in his death, yes? I missed A LOT of episodes due to Channel 4 messing about :angry:

Yes, I could never see why Clark liked Lana more than Chloe. Even my husband who prefers brunettes to blondes, preferred Chloe and thought Lana was freaky :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been such a long time since Lois first rocked up I can’t even remember if she disliked Clark. Wasn’t she just joking around with him?

Yes Oliver and Chloe are (or should I say were) together and yes Jimmy died. The worst thing about that was his death was avoidable.

Has it really been three weeks since I last posted here?

So during that time we have the return of Brainiac (v5), he’s joined forces with the Legion and he’s good. Clark and Lois’s relationship has moved forward quite significantly. Firstly he finally told her his secret. :D I absolutely loved that scene when as soon as the words came out of his mouth, she ran towards him leaped on him and they embraced. Clark’s told Lois that he loves her. And in the most recent episode they’ve finally slept together. Well strictly speaking that’s the second time Lois has slept with Clark as I mentioned before she did sleep with Clark from an alternate future. Presumably Lois doesn’t know that Oliver, Chloe, Lana and Tess already know. I wonder how she’s going to react when she finds out. I'm guessing she’s going to ask him who else knows at some point. My only fear now is that the relationship will go downhill. The build up to all the stuff and the fact that the relationship has been progressing quite slowly I think has been one of the best things about it and been great to watch.

I was genuinely surprised how afraid Lois was when the people from that town wanted to sacrifice her as she’s been in equally scary or even scarier situations. The things that spring to mind were when the corrupt Mayor had his men throw her off the top of a building and when she and Clark were hooked up to the lie detector machine which would electrocute anyone not telling the truth.

I said this in my last post but it’s worth repeating and that is although I have liked some misguided characters in the past reforming I’m not sure Tess deserves such a fate. I don’t believe she’s sorry for all the things she’s done if anything I actually think she genuinely feels as though she’s done the right thing out of some misguided and warped sense of loyalty to protect Clark. Almost like an ideology. I was really disappointed when Clark and Oliver whilst not necessarily offering her friendship were prepared to accept her wholeheartedly as a comrade in arms. So she really has assumed Chloe’s role. And it seems as though the writers are trying to show a softer side to her with her caring for Alexander and throwing the birthday party for him although she appears to have done a U-turn now that she believes he’s Lex. Sad thing is knowing how fickle I can sometimes be I’ll probably end up liking her by the end of the season.

I must admit I've really lost touch with this series, I missed so much. I know Clark and Lois are 'meant to be' but I really wanted Clark and Chloe to get together, I never understood his obsession with Lana.

I'm glad Oliver and Clark are friends, he needed a buddy after that bloke Pete disappeared years ago and Lex turned evil. So am I right in thinking Oliver 'came out of the closet' LOL and revealed to the world that he was the Green Arrow?

• 1 month later...

Yup, the Green Arrow definitely came out of the closet. Oliver’s an interesting character, a multi-billionaire but apart from when he was going out with Lois and then Chloe I struggle to think of a time when he’s ever truly been happy. I think that’s mainly due to his parents dying.

So in the last few episodes we had Lois dad (I’d forgotten he was played by Michael Ironside), Clark's Mum (Helen Slater still looks pretty since she played Supergirl) and Dad, AC and Lionel Luthor all make appearances.

Interesting how the general seemed the one male Lois wouldn’t stand up to. Despite his harsh initial treatment of Clark and his pro Vigilante Registration Act stance I liked that in the end he and Clark came to understanding and respected one another.

Oh dear, I was afraid that they were trying to make us like Tess and not only that it seems as though they were really playing the sympathy card showing how bad she had it when she stayed in a home with that woman who took control freak to another level. The worst thing is for me personally, it’s worked. I did feel a bit sorry for her and I’m actually starting to quite like her now. It does seem as though Clark really cares for her as was indicated by the way he held her hand when he took back some of the things he made about being born of Luthor blood and after he found out she was helping Alex. So Tess is Lionel’s daughter and Lex’s half-sister. It’s been years since she first turned up and I can’t remember if it was ever explained so I did wonder why Lex enlisted her as his protegee in the first place. Also my last post I mentioned a possible reason why she was so obsessed with “protecting” Clark, why she so desperately demanded his trust, why she was so eager for him to let her in but I always wondered if she was interested in him romantically. When Clark from an alternate universe approached Tess in her office then kissed her before she coped onto who he was she was really into it which leads me to believe if Clark did try it on with her she would be more than a willing participant. And it begs the question of whether she is in love with him? If she is that would be yet another major female character who has fallen for Clark – Chloe, Lana, Lois and now Tess. Although all of them bar Lana have fallen for Oliver too.

So Lois now knows about Watchtower and the fact that other people Tess and Oliver etc know Clark’s secret and they’ve been working together for some time. Presumably she knows that Chloe knows about Clark too. I’m glad Clark overcome his fear of putting her in the firing line and decided to let her in as I’m not sure it would have really worked for the rest of the season if she’s off trying to do things on her own and trying to help Clark separate from Tess and Oliver.

It’s always good seeing Clark turn bad every now and again but as we haven’t had any red kryptonite episodes as of late I enjoyed seeing the evil Clark as I mentioned from another universe and how Lionel had raised him as his own to become a killer.

So Lionel’s back in Metropolis. Is that the real Lionel or did the Lionel from an alternate universe somehow transport himself with Clark?

I’m really glad we are seeing so many characters from the past make appearances and I’m expecting to see more during the rest of the season. I said quite a while ago that I hoped Lana would never come back but I’ve changed my mind. I would REALLY like to see her return just to put Clark and Lois’s relationship to the test. I want to see if Clark really loves Lois as much as she loves him.

• 1 month later...

My husband's worked out the logic of the last series of Smallville. The writers watched every film they liked and wrote an episode round it. Today's was 300, the other day it was The Matrix.

I just love Oliver. I wish he didn't have that sign on his forehead.

No idea what's going on in the series apart from that.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH Miranda at times I find it hard to follow what's going on too.

I thought the hangover episode was great. True tongue in cheek. It was so funny seeing all of them trying to recall the events from the previous night. Best part was when they were all watching the video near the end and realised that Tess and Dr Emil had slept together - Naughty Zatanna!

It was good to see Jonathan Kent again even though it was from an alternate world. Another plus to that was that we got to see Clark being bad - Oh I do love evil Clark. I suspected a while back that Tess had a thing for Clark and I think that episode proved it. Tess is a different person from that in seasons 8 and 9. Almost like she's had a personality transplant.

So Jor-Ell banished Kara and wants Clark to do this all by himself. Kara's only been in two episodes this season and I don't really think she's served much purpose.

Seems that Lois's confrontation with the Toyman has resulted in her ultimately having a U-turn on marrying Clark. And as he mentioned Lana, Lois's reasons appear to be the same.

This season has been OK but it hasn't been great. I definitely preferred seasons 8 and 9 so I think ending it now is a good thing as the show has run it's course. Anyway we've got two episodes left i.e. the grand finale.

Archived