Do they use their real names?

Guest Mrs Mark Furze

I always thought Laurence was a boy's name, I used to know a little boy named Laurence. I didn't realise that Laurie Foell was really called Laurence!

But then I suppose it's not that different to Lauren, which is definitely a girl's name!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well some of the stars obviously shorten their names.

Kate Ritchie's full name is Katherine - I saw it on the luggage tag of her backpack in LA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have assumed that anyway, if I'd thought about it at all. Kathryn/Katherine/Catherine is commonly shortened to Kate, Kat/Cat, Kath/Cath or Kit. Don't understand the Kit one, but I suppose it's like when people (usually old people!) shorten William to Bill! I mean, why not Will, or Liam? Bill? There is no 'B' in William! :blink:

And why on earth are the names John and Jack interchangeable? My grandad is called John, but some of his friends call him Jack!?! Weird! :blink:

And why on earth are the names John and Jack interchangeable? My grandad is called John, but some of his friends call him Jack!?! Weird! :blink:

I'd always wondered that! I found out the other day that Jack Osbourne is in fact John Osbourne Jnr! (Ozzy's a John too)

Same if I said Prince Henry of Wales - not many people would associate it with Prince Harry!

Anyway off-topicness over! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I take it i'm to assume they do use their REAL/BIRTH names then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily,there is a rumour that Mark Furze's real name is actually Ethelred Arther Smythe-Gorgonzola. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:). Uh huh, & i'm sure that's a name. I think we'll just assume that on his birth certificate, his parents have made sure it says Mark Furze. Quite like the name Mark, but it reminds me of something that apparently happened when i was born. There was a boy in the next cot & he apparently weed on his nurse, she said. "Oh Mark, you dirty wee boy". Fate, i was meant to be with a Mark & it's not the Mark that made a mess of the nurse. :)

Archived