Do they use their real names?

Guest Mrs Mark Furze

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bree is one of those names that they have in Oz but not in the uk. There is a character on Neighbours called Bree...mind you, there's also a Stingray! :lol: Dieter is European in origin (German, I think), and Kristy isn't so unusual either. :P Not sure about Aleetza though! That was the actress who played Peta, wasn't it?

Were the two Kristy's (Kristy Wright, Christie Hayes) really Kirsty's but had to change their names for equity type reason's?

And who on earth is really called Bree? Or Aleetza? Or Dieter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kristy / Christie doesn't sound strange, ok, it's not a common name here in the UK, but it does sound like a shortened (nicer) version of Christine, which is a perfectly normal name.

RE Tammin Sursok: isn't her real name Tammy? :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have thought it was the other way round, with Tammy being short for Tammin? But what do I know! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that too, but I thought that I had read Tammy -----> Tammin somewhere.

I'm almost certain that "Tammin" is real - I'm sure I read an interview where she stated it was a hybrid of both her parents names (in the same way that ex-Emmerdale star Malandra Burrows got her unusual first name.....!)

Australia is a lot more cosmopolitan than a lot of countires, and most australians are the descendednts of immigrants from all over the world. So names are brought from different countires, and new ones are created by combinations etc. Dieter sounds germanic to me, Aleetza also, Ivar Kants parents are from latvia, Laurie Foell is called Laurence which is a french name as her Dad is french, Bree is a celtic name, and Kylie means boomerang in aboriginal language I am told.

Archived