Gamblin success

Guest dnp52td

Gamblin success

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/stor...5001025,00.html

January 06, 2006

0,10114,5093376,00.jpg

AUSSIE hearthrob Kip Gamblin has swapped soaps for the real thing.

The former Home and Away star, who left the Seven show in October following the departure of on-screen girlfriend Bec Hewitt, will debut at London's prestigious Royal Opera House tonight.

Continuing the trend of Aussies lighting up the winter stage in the UK, Gamblin's former Summer Bay colleague Ray Meagher is also currently hitting the flamin' stage in the Cardiff production of Aladdin.

And, having quit Neighbours late last year, Blair McDonough is trying his hand in London panto Cinderella.

Logie-award winning Gamblin said treading the boards as a dancer in a production of The Bartered Bride at the famed Covent Garden venue was beyond his dreams.

Rejected as a contestant on the hit reality show Dancing With The Stars, the trained ballet dancer said he was thrilled to instead be performing with the Royal Opera company.

"The Royal Ballet are rehearsing next door and I've been wandering around watching them," he said.

"It's a bit different to having Wheel of Fortune in the studio next to you."

Gamblin, 30, said he decided to leave the Summer Bay soapie after leading lady Hewitt quit to marry tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt.

The Sydney actor is probably best remembered by the many fans of the show for riding into the series astride a white horse.

Scriptwriters wrote him out of the show by sending him to the south of France to live but in real-life he chose London to soak up its thriving theatre scene.

The actor began dancing when he was 14, performed alongside Kylie Minogue at the Sydney Olympics and danced for Barbra Streisand on her last Australian tour before landing the acting role on Home and Away.

"I still want to act. The Royal Opera has asked me to stay on and do Macbeth next, so I'm pretty lucky," he said.

"I still want to act. The Royal Opera has asked me to stay on and do Macbeth next, so I'm pretty lucky," he said.

Luckier than you deserve.

"It's a bit different to having Wheel of Fortune in the studio next to you."

When you're starving you're going to dream of WoF, and wish you were still shooting next to it, even though it's so obviously below you now that you're in a chorus line.

I really hate this guy.

And did he *really* decide to leave? Or was he pushed? :ph34r:

And I hate that picture.

The part about it that got on my nerve was ''It's a bit different to having wheel of fortune in the studio next to you''.

Talk about an ungreatful snob.He wouldn't be where he is now if it wasn't for the show and all he seems to do is bag it.

It sounds to me that the way Scott was potrayed was not how he wanted. Most of us said Scott was an idiot for not knowing about the baby and getting involved with random females..

but even Kip said he thought the pregnancy storyline went on too long... and also the Hayley recasting on top of that and the fact that they wanted a happy ending for those 2 since Hayley was leaving. That would mean they told Kip to leave the show as Scott would need to leave with Hayley (as Bec was leaving anyway) So I think there was no love lost between Kip and the H&A people.. :unsure:

Archived