Alf

Guest Ashirr-Leigh

Did anyone else find what Alf said to Jesse tonight a bit harsh? This is in the Uk episode by the way. He said he hoped that Jesse couldn't sleep for hearing Olivia crying or something like that. I'd say that's taking it waaaaay too far!

I mean, come on, what is Alf like God or something? Sure, Jesse did a terrible thing but it wasn't intentional, he's sorry and he gave himself up.

Lay off him a bit!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it would have been.

Obviously Alf is grieving for Chloe because she was his friend but I thought Jesse was meant to be his friend too. Alf has every right to be angry and I don't expect him to forgive Jesse, I just think he was a bit too harsh and horrible to him. Jesse knows what he did and is sorry for it (not that that makes it better) but what good does Alf expect his words to do?

After seeing the 4007th episode where Alf visits Jessie in jail I must say it was brilliant acting by Ray Meagher. Anyone who thought he was getting soft in his old age now knows where the legend stands. It was like having Earnest Craven from Prisoner Cell Block H in the bay

Chilling words of "I hope you hear Chloe's little girls voice crying out for her mother when you sleep" or a line similar was a great line of dialog.

(note I put this in a separate thread at first without seeing this one - in case you think its similar to the another post).

I think it was slightly OTT. I don't think Alf should have forgiven Jesse or anything like that, but the comment about Olivia was a bit much. If it hadn't been an accident, or if Jesse had known all along what had happened, then fair enough, but in the circumstances I think he went a bit far. The rest of what he said seemed appropriate though.

He sounded so sinister when he said 'I hope you rot in hell' :( But I suppose Alf alos still doubts Jesse's story so is going to be like this. And after all, Chloe did die .One thing is for sure though, Alf definitely cannot say that Jesse is a gutless wonder, because hes far from that.

And at least Sally was understanding as always :)

I understand Alf being angry, but how can I put this? If I had been Martha I could have understood that level of hate; but as it turned out the victim wasn't related to him (& I can't remember how well he knew the actual victim before), so I thought it a tiny bit OTT.

Archived