Alf

Guest Ashirr-Leigh

I dont think personally he was OTT or unrealistic. Put yourself in Alfs shoes. He was involved in the car accident himself on his birthday and on the same day he looses someone who was very close to him. Almost like a daughter you could say. How would you react if someone that close to you was killed (dont forget there was the complete shock of her being up and talking one minute and the next dead). I think you would be pretty damned annoyed and would really want to make that person pay and think about their actions. Then there was the fact that yes Jesse was sorry but he knew before that he shouldnt drink/drive.

So i think he was just doing what any person in that situation would do.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf may have been harsh, but Jesse was a complete idiot!

Yes, he was feeling bad when Chloe rejected him at the party, but storming off and getting drunk in his car was just stupid, he acted like a spoiled kid feeling sorry for himself. Obviously he didn't mean to kill anyone, or hurt anyone, he didn't even know he'd done it, which just shows how drunk he was in the first place. Of course people get drunk, but drink driving is illegal for a reason, Jesse just learned that the hard way, not as hard as Chloe or Olivia though!

Alf is understandably angry, an old friend of his has been killed, a little girl has lost her mother and his granddaughter is in hospital, all because of Jesse's stupidity.

Yes, Jesse has done the right thing by handing himself in, but he can't expect everyone to just forgive and forget!

I think Jesse done the right thing by going to the Police when he found out that he was the one responsible for Chloe's death...and even when Alf was proved wrong about Jesse leaving Summer Bay when he wrote the note/s..he still didn't ease up on Jesse.

Getting in the car when drunk was very stupid and irresponsible indeed. And...if he started drinking IN the car..then this just makes it all the more worse indeed. But as usual...Alf went in guns blazing without thinking about anything...like he normally does. Even Peter looked down when Alf started spouting his garbage without thinking about anything.

I will admit that Jesse was incredibly stupid for drink driving..but he did do the right thing by handing himself in though. Sally seems to be okay with him..as does Leah as well. Dan doesn't seem to feel any hatred for him. It seems like it's hot head Alf that feels any hatred for him at the minute. I would even go as far as to say Alf is bloody well two faced about this situation to be honest. There are people in Summer Bay that get hassled beyond belief when they do anything wrong..and this seems to be one of them times. I wonder what the reaction of Alf would have been if Flynn had been driving the car.....not as bad as what Jesse is receiving right now I bet.

I wouldn't care....I don't even think Chloe was THAT close to Alf anyway. Yes she liked Alf...but I don't think she was that particularly close to him....not like Sally was. Jesse doesn't even have a list of drink driving convictions does he??

I think Alf's character gets just a bit more slack/respect because he's an original; not sure he always deserves it though.

My own reaction always takes account of the fact that in the end any tv show is only a tv show & of course because that's the case I can react anyhow I like; I know I'd be very different in my own life.

Firstly, I wouldn't say Chloe was 'like a daughter' to Alf at all. There have been many young girls on the show who have been just as close to him; his relationship with Chloe wasn't anything exceptional. If it had been Sally it would be different.

Secondly, I think the reason Alf was particularly hard on Jesse was because of past history. When Jesse went off the rails, other people tried to help him sort himself out, but Alf pretty much washed his hands of him. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just in Alf's nature to be judgemental. But this was like the final straw for their relationship.

Finally, IMO, I think this whole thing could have been done a lot better. I've said before that it seemed weird how Jesse was getting his life back together and then all of a sudden started hitting the bottle again. I know he was upset about Chloe rejecting him, but it seemed like such an extreme reaction and out of character for the 'new and improved' Jesse. I like the idea of Jesse being the driver, but it would have made much more sense if it had happened a few months ago, as the culmination of the 'Jesse goes nuts' storyline. But I did like how it ended, with him giving himself up. It showed us that he really is a good person underneath, just someone who is very messed up.

Archived