What was the last Movie you watched?

Stefan

I don't know why, but I seem to be getting movie channels all of a sudden on Foxtel. I assume they're trying to get me addicted to their new Showcase channel, but either way, I'm taking advantage.

I watched "Cry_Wolf" today. It was neat. I honestly didn't see the ending coming, and for what was essentially a teen slasher flick, it was really original and nicely twisted. And Sam from Supernatural was in it, which was a plus :)

I watched Romeo and Juliet again (the one with Leo :wub: ) It's a brilliant adaptation with an awesome soundtrack.

Funny story: a girl at my high school, a couple of years below me, when her class was about to watch that version, asked "Is that the one where Juliet dies at the end?" I'm not kidding.

Although, there is one version where Juliet doesn't die at the end: West Side Story.

I just finished Halloween II, and it wasn't as bad as some horror sequels, (like Urban Legends: Final Cut and "Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge) but it had some serious weaknesses compared to the first one: Jamie Lee Curtis was criminally underused (with the advantage that her screaming was hardly ever heard) Donald Pleasance was annoyingly melodramatic, they retconned the ending of the original so that Loomis doesn't see Michael from the balcony, and nothing was as good as the tracking shot from the start of the first one. However, it did continue the story and develop the recurring characters (Laurie, Loomis and Michael) pretty well. The highlight would have to be Karen's death in the hot tub.

I'm watching Friday the Thirteenth sometime this week, so I'll have a review up soon enough.

Edited by Formerly Known as Josh

Just watched Friday the Thirteenth, so here's my assessment, as promised:

Of the "Big Three" of 1970s-80s horror cinema - Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and Friday the Thirteenth - Friday is the weakest in every way. Out of Laurie, Nancy and Alice, Alice is the worst Final Girl, especially when she fails to notice anything strange until 20 minutes from the end. Out of Craven, Carpenter and Cunningham, Cunningham's direction is poorest.

Two things redeemed it: Mrs. Vorhees was bloody scary, between Mrs. Loomis in Scream 2, and Mrs. Bates in Psycho. And also, I can honestly say I flinched during most of the death scenes, especially Annie (throat slashing is the one form of death that I can never stand to watch, especially after Witness), Jack (the arrow through the throat) and Mrs. Vorhees (despite the impossibility of her hands reaching for where her head should be). Even Alice being pulled under at the end was kind of scary even though I knew it was coming.

Overall, not as bad as I expected but not as good as most of the ones I've seen.

I watched "Cry_Wolf" today. It was neat. I honestly didn't see the ending coming, and for what was essentially a teen slasher flick, it was really original and nicely twisted. And Sam from Supernatural was in it, which was a plus :)

LOVE that movie. :)