1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'm still catching up anyway :D

Was Dodge really memorable enough in his first stint to warrant a return? I don't think his 1989 stint was all that. Plus his camp acting finds it difficult for me to take him seriously, not that villains shouldn't be camp of course.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an interesting take of yours on Dodge's acting Edward Skylover. I found his looks and the way he spoke he sounded like a real true-blue crim, and the way he acted, well, I don't know what "campy" means, but he is cunning and I enjoy what looks to me like a villainous style.

I think his role in burning down the shop, the way it was kept an explosive secret, setting Simon Yates up for it, and being mates with Stevo made his 1989 stint very memorable and relevant, especially now that Stevo is back in town.

I am looking forward to Dodge's plot climaxing though (I haven't watched that far yet).

The writers are really spoiling the Jack fans aren't they - I feel like he always receives very heavy focus which is great but it's horrible watching him be so tortured :( Thinking about it though all the young characters are very in the spotlight aren't they. They're doing great with the aftermath of the bush fire though. That band he has recruited for the ferry concert seem very dated now and ver 90s :D Bless him, he must feel so alone. It's great he's trying to do something to make amends for his actions. The piece of writing he wrote in English about the fire was moving.

Nice to see Elizabeth again. I feel like we don't know Kelly at all and suddenly she's in this plot about not coping at work. Perhaps the struggle to write for 20-somethings continues...

11 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

That band he has recruited for the ferry concert seem very dated now and ver 90s

Incidentally, now that someone's mentioned them, one of the band members is the real life brother of Jay Laga'aia (Elijah) - when you look at them it's easy to see which one :P

Interesting! So they are a real band then? Jack was very excited about them which I thought was hilarious :D It's funny how you get little reminders of the era they're in...like this band, and Shannon asking Pippa if they can get a fax machine :D

Jack looked very handsome in his suit ^_^ His wardrobe has taken a slight nose-dive, I wonder if this is due to the actor putting on weight. Loved his style when he 1st arrived, now he wears baggy clothes.

I'm still on about 1762 so still catching up.

Not really a spoiler but it confirms Jack and Curtis aren't leaving soon 

Nowadays Jack and Curtis's playing up in the last few months would be leading up to their departure.

I'm presuming they don't go ahead with a Jack/Shannon pairing, I'm kind of glad because they don't seem to suit...probably due to their excellent sibling chemistry. I loved Jack/Chloe together. Jack and Selina seem like years ago.

Can't say I'm thrilled at Travis' return.

Archived