The Photography Thread

Guest Dan F

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cost me about NOK3500 (Aus.- $710), if I remember correctly. That included a 18-55mm objective.

:o

Mar, those photos are so cool! Would you mind if I used some of the flower photos for graphics? It's okay if you say no, as it is your photography. :)

Sure, go ahead :D

^That's quite cheap! Considering the one I want is $1,999AUD!!! But I will get many many great photo's out of it!

By the looks of it though, the quality of your photo's are stunning, and expensive is not necessarily better!

Exactly!

I've never had any training in photography. I did got to art-high school, but unfortunately I couldn't allow myself a camera back then, so I couldn't do photography as a subject. I bought my first camera 2 years ago - a normal, Nikon coolpix-cam (or something similar) and it gave me some great pics. I chose to buy a "cheap" Nikon a couple of months ago, since I don't have any training etc. Am planning on buying a ... what's it called....? One of those lenses which is 180degrees wide and all.

I did a bit in photography, amazingly my school supplied manual cameras (albeit black and white ones) and we got to play around with them. But I figure, if I break into the DSLRs I might as well get the latest and greatest, as it is all about playing around with them.

I will primarily be using it for lightning/storms, so I need a camera with a high shutter speed to enhance and capture the true beauty of nature! I have a crappy Sony Cybershot that my ex got me for our 4 year anniversary, but it doesn't do the job I want it to. Thus why I am upgrading. Will cost a pretty penny, but it will totally be worth it! When I get it, I might break it in by taking a trip to the city to tide me over until the first storm of the season comes!

Reo that's the coolest bunny ever!

:D Thanks,he keeps jumping into the door of his hutch lately though..he doesnt see that the door is close and jumps straight into it,lucky i caught him mid-jump yesterday.

And i love the pictures of your cats Merc,im trying to take a picture of Coco when she is lying on her back all 4 paws spread out and her head is usually back,but i never have the camera when she does it.

Sorry about your cat... .Cat. Mine died a few months ago..very sad and Thomas died about 11 years ago,but i still remember it..and how sad i was.

Archived