The Photography Thread

Guest Dan F

Awesome pics everyone! Seriously great.

I need a better camera..Nothing seems to be clear on mine.

My brother got me mine for Christmas last year..And I only just found out one thing on it..LOL So many things,I need to read the manual :P

But anyway..

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is/was a fire in the street next to mine..Woke up at 5am with the word 'Fire' shouted upstairs. :huh:

We are/were in no danger,just got woken up by everything and stayed outside in the garden.

Took some pictures,not really great..A mix of my lack of camera skills,it being dark,my hands shaking and the camera itself.

But it is/was a big fire,streets closed off and more than one flat with shop underneath invovled.

CopyofCopyofIMG_0373.jpg

CopyofIMG_0386.jpg

CopyofIMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Only had 3 hours sleep now,wont be able to get back to sleep until tonight..I am a bad sleeper and cant sleep once I am up.

On a somewhat better note,because of that..We are hopefully getting a better camera for Christmas :D

• 4 months later...

I don't have any stunning pictures to post, but I do have a question that hopefully the photographic geniuses out there will be able to answer for me.

I have a fairly basic, not SLR, or anything, digital camera, and was wondering how it's possible to adjust the light so that people's faces look, I don't know, lighter? Do you know what I mean? I don't really have any examples, which I know is useful, sorry! But when you take a picture in normal light, you get a normally lit picture, but I wanna make faces lighter... does that make sense?

Oh, and I'd really love to be able to take shots in black and white, but so far the manual for my Panasonic LS75 hasn't been very instructive!

Eli, you photographs are awesome! I love them all! You are really talented :D My favorites is that one with a girl with the apple (i guess :unsure: ) and that one with telephone and white teeths...these are really great! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jess, the only way I know how to make the changes is using a program after. I have photoshop elements which i got when i did a short photography course with the Open Uni and that does loads of things, include change pics to black& white (including only certain colours or areas!)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have a photography folio to do and i need some ideas

please help

its for school.. i take photography

it can be on anything really and i have to do 2 boards

i have an idea but im not to sure if i would be able to pull it off sucessfully

i will probably use a model if i cant come up with any good still life ideas

suggestions :) ?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, this thread hasn't been active for a while...

I thought I'd post some pictures again. Shot them last night at a runway show (dance, fashion, music, flame show, etc.) I was covering for the paper I work at. Luckily, because I'm tall, thin, sneaky and had a camera and notepad to intimidate others with, I managed to get a spot right in front of the runway, so I managed to get almost 700 pictures, half of which I was happy with.

Anyway, I picked out my favourites, but they take forever to upload with my lousy upload speed, so I decided once was enough and posted a link instead :P

http://bluewinged.deviantart.com/

They're in the gallery, in case that wasn't obvious :P

• 1 month later...

Archived