Tammin: 'Home & Away' is unrealistic

Guest msf

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24483.html

Tammin: 'Home & Away' is unrealistic

Saturday, September 17 2005, 11:39 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Tammin Sursok has admitted that she became frustrated by producers of Home and Away during her time on the show.

The actress, who played Dani Sutherland on the Australian soap, was unhappy after scenes showing her character being sexually assaulted were cut out.

"For me as an actor the rape storyline was really good," Tammin told The Sun. "But unfortunately they ended up cutting everything and we had to re-shoot the whole thing because it was too emotional and too intense.

"That’s when I thought: ‘OK, this is a show that is not realistic’. The storyline suddenly went from being a ‘rape’ to an ‘attack’.

"It was quite hard for me at the time because I thought that the scenes were some of my best ever. I got a lot of letters from fans saying that I helped them. That was very rewarding."

Sursok, who is now pursuing a musical career, has ruled out a return to the soap.

"No, I don’t think I’ll ever go back," she admitted. "I haven’t finished acting for good though. I’m so passionate about singing and acting and I would be very upset if I let one of them go.

"I just wanted to close the door on Home and Away and move forward. I’ve learned so much more in the last year than I ever would have if I had stayed there. It was definitely time to move on."

Tammin's debut single, Pointless Relationship, is released on Monday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think it took her quite a while to figure out that Home and Away isn't realistic, I totally understand how it could be annoying for her to have to go through all that ambiguity - ambiguity that played a part in her character assassination, since some people are sure she made it up.

So I'm with her. But I think Home and Away just the way it is - unrealistic.

I don't think she should have said that. I agree with her about the use of the word 'attack' instead of 'rape', they should have been able to use the right word, but it isn't the producers' fault that they weren't allowed. She's coming across like she's biting the hand that fed her now. And of course H&A isn't realistic, but isn't that obvious? There's no need to point it out.

Tammin has a point, there are still, even now, ppl who don't believe Dani was raped and that Kane did nothing more than kiss her. :rolleyes:

I don't think she was slating H&A as much as it might sound in the interview. Newspapers edit a lot so you only get to hear exactly what they want you to.

And, Jay, I have to agree with you, I love H&A's innocence at times! :)

Sometimes the media play us like violins, they print half truth and know that we will beleive what they say. I sometimes fall for their lies or half truths as well. Tammin might have said just that in the sun, but she might also have said something completely different, ot they might have twisted her words, who knows. There are probably stars out there that get ambitious and think they are too good to be in the humble soap they left, but reading it in a paper doesn't exactly give you their view 100%, more like 40% or something. All i'm trying to say is, she might very well have said that, but then again, she might not have said it just like that.

Lol, trying to wind people up by any chance msf? :P Yeah I can see that her words might have been twisted, but she must have said something like that or they couldn't have quoted her. People who don't think Dani and Kane had sex (whether or not it was rape is another issue - I can see why some people might not be able to see that it was rape even though personally I can see that it was) are just stupid - they made it perfectly clear on several occasions. No one ever tried to deny that sex took place, not even Kane. And I agree that H&A is and should be unrealistic - that's the whole point to a show like that.

Archived