Tammin: 'Home & Away' is unrealistic

Guest msf

CMS, I don't think anyone here is saying that the Kane/Dani situation was "normal" for first time sex at all......I really don't know where you got that from or to whom you are referring.

I didn't think Dani had protested, mostly because of the way the story went after that. If she was clear about not wanting it, then how could Kane possibly claim ignorance?? He is supposed to be intelligent, so could he fail to realise thart a girl repeatedly telling him "no" and trying to push him off, causing him to use force, means that she deosn't want it??? he is not a child. He is not stupid. He obviously knew what he was doing.

That is an awful, awful thing to do, so how could `Kirtsy not only forgive him, but fall in love with him??? it makes no sense at all. I suppose I got my menory of the catual rape episode muddeld up (I didn't recall Dani protesting or Kane using force)..because the wiriters appeared tp have too!!

How utterly bizarre....

The seemed to be attempting to justify his behaviour by bringing up his abusive childhood, but that is stil no excuse.

Suerly Any man with a brain can tell that a woman who resists him, shouts no, forcefully tries to push him off etc seriously does not want sex.....so why was Kane allowed poff the hook if that was the case with Dani ??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me you're not talking about me. Because I would find that annoying.

Oh, don't worry. I'm not referring to you at all. I agree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll second that! I think some people - not anyone posting in this thread in particular - just got too caught up in KK that they wanted to forget what he'd done and wanted to blame it on Dani. The writers did well if that's what they wanted to happen because most people fell for it.

For me, KK were never really acceptable. I thought their relationship was wrong and sick and that it would never, ever happen in real life. However, we all know that Home and Away isn't the most realistic of soaps. I got used to KK. Even maybe grew to like them a bit but I always had the thought of what he'd done to Dani in the back of my mind whenever they were on screen.

CMS, I  don't think anyone here is saying that the Kane/Dani situation was "normal" for first time sex at all......I really don't know where you got that from or to whom you are referring.

I didn't think Dani had protested, mostly because of the way the story went after that.  If she was clear about not wanting it, then how could Kane possibly claim ignorance?? He is supposed to be intelligent, so could he fail to realise thart a girl repeatedly telling him "no" and trying to push him off, causing him to use force, means that she deosn't want it??? he is not a child. He is not stupid.  He obviously knew what he was doing.

That is an awful, awful thing to do, so how could `Kirtsy not only forgive him, but fall in love with him???  it makes no sense at all.  I suppose I got my menory of the catual rape episode muddeld up (I didn't recall Dani protesting or Kane using force)..because the wiriters appeared tp have too!!

How utterly bizarre....

The seemed to be attempting to justify his behaviour by bringing up his abusive childhood, but that is stil no excuse.

Suerly Any man with a brain can tell that a woman  who resists him, shouts no, forcefully tries to push him off etc  seriously does not want sex.....so why was Kane allowed poff the hook if that was the case with Dani ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're looking at the whole thing way too black and white. Just because someone does something wrong doesn't make them a bad person. Even if they do a big wrong thing. You're doing exactly what way too many do. You're writing off criminals. The prison system sucks, because it doesn't care about rehabilitation enough. It is just worried about locking people away from the society. The problem is that most get out, and for a lot the problem just manifests.

It is not Black and White. Yes Kane raped Dani. Yes his background etc. is no excuse, though it is a reason. He was brought up with the belief that Woman are objects, that a woman will always say no, but they mean yes, etc. He was troubled, and he was very much in the wrong with Dani. That does not make him a horrible person though. This is exactly why I don't agree with the Death Penalty. Well that and there is always the possibility the person is innocent.

I didn't need you to stick up for me Karl, I was doing fine without you.

I can't believe you've hijacked another thread.

And don't start on me about bullying. Unfortunately for you this site has a way that we can all look up your posts and find all the evidence we need of your bullying. Your constant bullying.

See how I used the right "your"? Try to learn it.

Archived