Lost UK thread

Guest Di

I just watched this episode, along with the one from E4. I'm going to touch upon some of the stronger points.

+ I like Ana. I don't get why some people hate her. Okay so I love the woman playing her but I just think they are right to add another strong female. Plus I see sparks flying between her and Sawyer.

+ Desmond & Jack are my new OTP. I was told that I would be blown away by these two and I was not disappointed. I love the way Desmond calls every male 'brother' as well. I hope we see this character again because he shows great potential.

+ The struggle between faith (Locke) and science (Jack) is quite fascinating to watch. The chemistry between Fox and O'Quinn made me tingle all over. The emotion those two showed in this episode is how it should be. It shows that those two are the strong links of the show.

+ Jin trying to communicate with Sawyer and suceeding a little was a lovely scene. I'm glad that Sawyer isn't being a jackass anymore.

+ The Locke flashbacks just keep getting better and better.

I think that is all.

Oh and a question for the people who have seen more episodes. Which episode is it that...

Sawyer gets his ass kicked by Hurly?

I can't wait to see that!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and a question for the people who have seen more episodes. Which episode is it that...

Sawyer gets his ass kicked by Hurly?

I can't wait to see that!

It happens in Episode 18 "Dave".

I find it really hard to like Ana-Lucia knowing that the actress has a conviction for drunk-driving... I know that's really stupid and holier-than-thou, but I just can't get over it. I'm watching her thinking 'don't you know you could have killed someone!'. I think I'm turning into my mother...

I taped that episode and have watched it over and over again just to see Sawyer calling Ana-Lucia "Cupcake." It kills me every time.

And Locke is beautiful. Do not speak ill of the Locke. He is incredibly gentle, sensitive, soulful, mysterious....I confess to having a bit of a crush....

And ya, I too see the chemistry between Foxy and O'Quinn. Actually, I think they are all a bit in awe of O'Quinn. He has such a quality to him. I can't really put it into words....

• 2 weeks later...

I find it really hard to like Ana-Lucia knowing that the actress has a conviction for drunk-driving... I know that's really stupid and holier-than-thou, but I just can't get over it. I'm watching her thinking 'don't you know you could have killed someone!'. I think I'm turning into my mother...

Yeah, that has slightly influenced how I think of Ana-Lucia. But the main reason I haven't warmed to the character is that the actress seems to have just one facial expression whether she's supposed to be angry, sad, happy ... There are far better actors out there who could have gotten the role!

I think that there is something about her voice which prevents from warming to the character (a terrible reason, I know). I liked the Ana Lucia/Sawyer moments in the pit, but they were nothing compared to the sexual tension between Sawyer/Kate. or Sawyer/Jack or Sawyer/Michael for that matter

I don't think I would like Ana-Lucia's character even if the criminal thing hadn't happened in real life. I just don't find her plausible. Maybe it will make more sense when we see her back story (anytime soon, does anyone know?), but for now I'm not buying it. Where did she get to learn all that 'action woman' stuff? Maybe her parents were survivalists...I'm sensing a H&A rip-off. ;)

Archived