Character exits that did not have proper goodbye scenes with characters they were close to!.

j.laur5

Over the years there’s been plenty of exits where characters who were close to others that did not get proper goodbye scenes together. 

Sally and Leah were best friends for 8 years and bridesmaids at each other's weddings and no proper goodbye scene. 

Matt and Roo got quite close after Maddy left and Roo helped Matt understand parenting in raising his sister Eloise. I know Georgia Parker was away at that time and Matt had phoned to say goodbye to Roo and Roo acknowledged she will miss  Matt  when she had gotten back but still would be nice if there was onscreen goodbye and Roo just gotten back four episodes after Matt and Evie left and so maybe they just waited extra week for Matt and Evie to leave and that way we could  had Roo at there wedding and Roo having goodbye screen with   Matt and Eloise. 

Hunter and VJ- They did not get proper goodbye screen when they become most loyal  best  friends despite everything Hunter did in his bad boy days. 

Bella and Colby-I know Colby called all contact off but I  think it  be nice if we heard Bella called her brother to say she moving to otherside of planet. 

Dean and Ryder-I know they drifted apart but still would been nice for goodbye screen as enjoyed Ryder when he had older brother figure like he had with Hunter and Dean and Colby little bit at times. 

Irene and Jasmine-Irene and Jasmine really felt like they had close mother and daughter bond and yet no onscreen goodbye. 

I know there’s probably lot off others no doubt but those are ones on top of my head and obviously you can’t include death exits as deaths they  are normally unexpected in this show. 

• John changed the title to Character exits that did not have proper goodbye scenes with characters they were close to!.

If you go back to the 1990s, Matt Wilson and Rob Storey randomly disappeared. Admittedly both characters were a bit dull so the only people who would've missed them would have been opening credit watchers. 

Finlay Roberts and Pippa Ross & Damian Roberts. Fin's departure was really rushed. Near the beginning of her final episode, she got a letter offering her a place on a childcare course (in the city, naturally). She was gone before the closing credits rolled. Although Michael was around to wave her off, Pippa was nowhere to be seen. Nor was her brother Damian. It looks like they just rounded up whichever actors were in that day and had them say goodbye to Fin. Donald Fisher and Shane Parrish wouldn't have been high up on my list of people to say goodbye to her. 

Nick Parrish and Shane Parrish. Nick had been renting a room in Donald Fisher's house, along with his brother Shane. He then went off on an outdoor hiking trip and was never seen again. He simply rang the house to tell them he'd not be coming back. A goodbye scene with Fisher would've been nice too. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 21:59, project90 said:

Aden, he said goodbye to no one. Nicole just got a text that said "I'm gone". Was there a inside reason for that, did the actor get dropped unexpectedly?

He filmed his final scenes on 11th December 2009, then was arrested for possession of cocaine on 12th, I thought it was his leaving party but maybe he was supposed to return for some pick ups and then couldn’t.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 09:32, Red Ranger 1 said:

Kyle and Tamara is one that springs to mind. They'd been very close and were still good friends, so the fact their last scene together was about a week before she left was disappointing.

I think she left for an operation and then departed offscreen 

5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

She had a proper farewell scene with Casey as I recall, and possibly some others. She was always going to go and live with her parents after the operation.

Oh right. I remember her and Casey talking at the hospital and he helps her through her recovery with a speech or something but don't recall it being an actual goodbye scene.

2 hours ago, hapitoby said:

Oh right. I remember her and Casey talking at the hospital and he helps her through her recovery with a speech or something but don't recall it being an actual goodbye scene.

I think the operation was in the city or something and we didn't see her there.The farewell scene was on/near the beach.