Did you prefer Pippa as a single parent or with a husband?.

j.laur5

On 17/03/2020 at 08:04, Sally Keating said:

when Pippa actually leaves, Ailsa acts like she's saying goodbye to a neighbour she barely knows rather than the great friend she made in those 1988 episodes. Unfortunately there are no particularly touching or emotional scenes between them at all.

I felt that way when Pippa returned in 2000 too, perhaps because Nancy Hayes was in the role during those episodes. They greeted each other as acquaintances rather than old close friends.

40 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I felt that way when Pippa returned in 2000 too, perhaps because Nancy Hayes was in the role during those episodes. They greeted each other as acquaintances rather than old close friends.

As far as I can remember, after that initial greeting we didn't see them talk at all.

On 20/03/2020 at 13:40, Sally Keating said:

There was no such mention when Michael died and Pippa was shown to struggle quite a lot in her remaining time on the show, although not especially financially, more just in general. She could afford to employ Jesse has a handyman. I guess her job at the school would have had a relatively decent pay, we can assume the caravan park was doing well in order to make up any other shortfall (Pippa mentioned in 1995 it was doing better than ever).

I wonder how much was left over from the sale of Michael's boat shed? Especially as they'd ended up having to foot the bill for Haydn's gambling debts.

Archived