The end credits scene

adam436

In the very early episodes, there was a short 5ish second scene at the end of the closing credits. 

Does anyone know how long these lasted for and what was the point of them? It was a long time before I realised these even existed, as I, like most people I'm guessing, probably switch off or change channels before the complete credits roll. 

16 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

40 episodes they were there so people would tune into the next episode to see the resolution to the cliffhanger 

I didn't even know they were there until my third viewing, so personally, I don't think it was effective. The cliffhanger before the closing credits started rolling was enough to make me want to watch the next one. 

9 hours ago, adam436 said:

I didn't even know they were there until my third viewing, so personally, I don't think it was effective. The cliffhanger before the closing credits started rolling was enough to make me want to watch the next one. 

At the time they were desperate to make sure H&A wasn't axed after one year like Neighbours was so they'd try anything ? 

• 2 months later...
On 09/10/2019 at 07:42, Blaxland 89 said:

They were so silly. Lol at the cliffhanger we’re Pippa says to Tom “I’m pregnant”. Role credits. Just to clarify.... “we’re going to have a baby” 

Yes - I think that was my whole point. They were pointless and I didn't even realise they existed until my 2nd viewing of the early years. They added nothing to the show itself or the end-of-episode cliffhanger. 

The one I vividly remember was when Frank and Alf work out that Lynn must be hiding out the Pappas farm and run off to find her. The brief scene at the end sees Sally walking in and asking what's going in. Pippa says we think we've found Lynn and Sally's face lights up. 

Archived