Greg leaving in 1993

BurgerPhone

Just up to the episode where Greg left. Seems very odd he would leave Sam, especially so soon after Bobby died, as he has Bobby's half of the diner which would keep bringing in money, or that he could sell. He also still had his gardening job and could rent out a room. 

Did he ever come back at 6 months like he said he would ? Or was that the last the character was seen or heard from ? 

Also why would Morag want Sam ? She was never child friendly and he would just get under her feet. In fact I don't think she ever met him before Bobby died, so makes it weird she would rush there to try and win custody of him. 

Any explanations to the above ?  

boat.png

Just up to the episode where Greg left. Seems very odd he would leave Sam, especially so soon after Bobby died, as he has Bobby's half of the diner which would keep bringing in money, or that he could sell. He also still had his gardening job and could rent out a room. 

Did he ever come back at 6 months like he said he would ? Or was that the last the character was seen or heard from ? 

Greg resurfaced in 2000 after Sam wanted to rebuild bridges after a long time estrangement and contemplated living with him but Sam kept getting mucked around and realised Greg didn't have time for him so opted to remain with Don.

Regarding to the second part, I think, Morag was really lonely, not having a husband or many friends. She must have thought she would have time for children now, and wanted to invest all her power and money somewhere and Sam was a pretty easy target.

• 4 months later...

I also think it was quite unrealistic of greg to seemingly totally wipe his responsibilities and relationship with Sam.

Pretty rotten example of a father!  Then Donald doesn't want to have him full time anymore and he is pushed off to pippa and Michael.  I remember thinking the poor kid must feel like he is unwanted and pushed from pillar to post.  probably explains some of his bratty attention seeking behaviour

Sam never even mentions his dad anymore in the current early years episodes.

Archived