Irene used to be nasty ?

BurgerPhone

Irene has recently turned up for the first time, with a different head, but also a different personality from what I remember. She is a stone cold bitch who beats up her kids at the moment (early 1992, Damien has run away), how does she change to a nice and kid person and is it explained ? Or is the next actress who plays her just a different personality without explanation ?

• 3 months later...

I think her giving up the drink is a big turning point for her character, it appears that shes only really nasty when shes drunk, as when she reappears played by Lynne shes given up the drink, and immediately begins helping around the caravan park and gets a job with Ailsa at the diner although she has difficulty getting the job first off but the early days played by Lynne after giving up the drink shes really funny and makes friends with Pippa, Micheal, Alf and Ailsa.

Yeah, she is only nasty while drinking. She gives up the drink, and becomes a decent person. The timing of the re-cast is just coincidental. It's a shame we didn't see Jacqui Phillips in the part of sober-Irene, as I thought she was pretty good. Not that Lynne McGranger wasn't.

Alcohol can turn nice people into mean and different people when they are drunk. I remember a story on the Country Practise re runs that were on last year about a man who beat up his wife when he was drunk when he was sober he was ashamed of what he did and the person he was ran he was drinking. Giving up the drink was the best decision Irene ever made. If anyone can remember Carlys short lived story line being an alcoholic. Even more recently with Tugs father Roy when he got drunk he was all over Sarah like a rash but was nice for the most part while sober

Archived