Bay seems empty without the Walker household

Guest gutterboy

It was a shame to lose Sid since he was a decent father figure.They messed Dexter up by forcing him into that dull romance with April, their marriage is unlikely to last five minutes given that they were both written as having a lot of growing up still to do, and even his humour tended to grate a bit, although he bounced well off his sisters.Indi wasn't too bad a character and I was probably more sorry to see her go than Dex since she did still seem to have a point and I thought they could have done more with her and Chris.But hey, characters come and characters go and I don't think there's really been any moment that's had me thinking "I wish the Walkers were here."

I miss the whole Walker family barring Sasha, who's obviously still on the show.

Sid was an awesome character who I just felt wasn't explored enough for my liking. For example, I remember early last year that Sid was going through some issues with depression/mid-life crisis and then it was quickly resolved and forgotten soon after. More time should have been put in to explore that issue that Sid was experiencing rather than brushing it aside. In general, I always had hopes that Sid would be a character that would stick around for a long time but it didn't eventuate the way I hoped especially after the actor and the producers didn't see eye to eye with one another over some of the writing that was taking place, primarily to do with Romeo's cancer.

Indi was another one I liked and I actually preferred her when she wasn't with Romeo to be honest. I'm not ashamed to admit that I miss her partially because of her good looks but generally I always thought she was a strong and likeable character in the process and she was great with her family in general.

Dex amused me plenty of times but he was bogged down by his relationship with April along the way unfortunately. Nevertheless I miss his humour but it seems like the writers are attempting to make Chris fill that void that Dex has left since he departed late last year though.

I liked them but I don't feel like the bay is empty. I feel like April lost a lot of her quirky edge when she got together with Dex. Dex was comedy relief but they've just replaced him with Chris from my point of view.

I think now the Bay is just missing an actual family. There's lots of kids living with adults, but they're not related barring the MacGuire household - which is a blended family anyway.
I miss Dex's wittiness and I think there was so much more to Sid than we ever got to see, which is a shame really.

I never fully enjoyed the Walkers. Some of their scenes were ok, but overall I felt they were far too much sugar sweet and made too "perfect". It feels like they could hurt other people all they wanted and still get away with it:

* The Walkers treatment of Ruby, especially Romeo and Indi. They used others when they had problems, and were just back together after a while. And still we were made to think that they were perfect, because they were meant to be kind characters.

* Sid's involvement in the Stu storyline destroyed him as a character. Could easily have gone to the police instead almost beating a troubled teenager to death, because he had slapped his daughter a few times. I don't agree with Stu's actions but Sid and the others were far worse.

* That we were meant to believe that Stu did deserve to die, and Sasha was the victim.

I also think that Sid seemed sometimes too cold and distant to be a small town doctor, he was too little involved in people's lives. But better than dr. Sexy.

I honestly think that Sasha should have gone with them. Her character has run her course and her storylines are very repetitive.

No, I don't really miss them, but I do miss families on the show. I want some real families with happiness and also with deep dramas like the Nashes, Sutherlands and Hunters. I feel that the Walkers' dramas were made too little dramatic and lacked real edge and the characters were less realistic.

Archived