Tim Campbell to Release Debut Album

Guest i LUV handa

ABC Music to release debut Tim Campbell Album!

Tim%20Campbell%20promo%20shot%20LR.jpg?i

ABC Music today announced that they have signed one of Australia’s most versatile and much loved performers, Tim Campbell.

Finally swapping the stage & screen for the recording studio, Tim will release his debut album, ‘HIGH SCHOOL DISCO’ through ABC Music on April 4, 2014. Production with the band has already begun breathing new life into the classic dance floor hits of our High School Disco days. A well-seasoned performer who has become known for his engaging, energetic and cheeky on-stage show, Tim looks forward to sharing a fresh modern stamp on these infectious and exciting songs with a whole new audience.

An upbeat celebration of the classic songs that kept us all on the dance floor, ‘HIGH SCHOOL DISCO’ will include fun loving tracks from the 70’s (Peaches and Herb’s SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING, Jackson 5’s CAN YOU FEEL IT) and 80’s (The Romantics’ WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU and Madonna’s HOLIDAY). There are even iconic songs from classic 80’s movies Footloose (FOOTLOOSE) and The Breakfast Club (DON’T YOU (FORGET ABOUT ME)).

"I feel as if this album was in my blood from about 8 years of age. I have lived through and loved this era of music, and it continues to excite me today. Our High School Discos were always a memorable night, with classic melodies and music that had my friends and I on the dance floor all night”, says Tim.

“For many years I have performed these songs and never have they disappointed. I am constantly asked if I have recorded an album, but it never felt like the right time. Now is absolutely the right time and I can’t wait to share our fresh and modern take on these songs, while still honouring the iconic sounds of the 70’s and 80’s. I also CAN’T WAIT to take these songs on the road mid 2014 for a series of not just concerts, but a High School Disco reunion experience. Nothing but FUN!”

Tim Campbell is a much loved Australian TV & stage actor, singer and host, having starred on shows such as Channel 7’s Home and Away and more recently Channel 9’s House Husbands. Tim is also a regular vocalist on Carols By Candlelight as well as having been a popular contestant on Series 6 of Dancing with the Stars. He hosted Celebrity Singing Bee, Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune and National Bingo Night and was a regular guest host of Channel 10’s The Circle. On stage, Tim received rave reviews playing the leading role of Johnny O’Keefe in Shout! as well as in stage musicals Wicked, Rent and The Boyfriend. His high energy and infectious show is highly sought after as well as his comedic MC skills.

2013 wraps up nicely for Tim with a special appearance on Carols By Candlelight, whilst preparing the release of HIGH SCHOOL DISCO and the tour to follow: TIM CAMPBELL’s HIGH SCHOOL DISCO LIVE.

TIM CAMPBELL | ‘HIGH SCHOOL DISCO’ | ALBUM AVAILABLE APRIL 4, 2014

Source: http://abcmusic.com.au/news/abc-music-release-debut-tim-campbell-album

He definitely has a great voice. I saw him in Rent, and performing One Song Glory was an absolute highlight.

What is interesting to me is that this comes almost immediately after it was announced that Tim's character won't be returning to House Husbands. I wonder if this was on the cards before the music stuff, or after?

• 2 months later...

Archived