Max Ramsay. 1985-1986 character.

Guest Homeandawayfan.

Neighbours first aired in the UK here in 1986 when I was 4 and I remember Max very well. I used to be very scared of his shouting. Sadly Francis Bell who played Max died in an accident in May 1994 aged 50.

Max Ramsay is like Fisher in H&A, a legend and him and Fisher both had strong personalities. Max Ramsay will be about 72 now if still alive. Fisher would be 67 now in H&A so a few years younger than the Neighbours character.

I wonder if it is time for Max to return and have a lookalike actor play the role. Max was last seen over 26 years ago and is probably grey haired now so plenty of scope to introduce a new actor. Max had an affair years ago and never knew he had a daughter Jill and he could return to see granddaughter Summer.

It's possible that he could be re-cast after all these years. It's hard to say whether he was an iconic character of the show because he was on only for 2 seasons.

He does have a current connection as his grand-children are Kate and Sophie Ramsay, but it's unlikely he would ever return. We don't even know if the character is alive or not.

• 4 months later...

Neighbours first aired in the UK here in 1986 when I was 4 and I remember Max very well. I used to be very scared of his shouting. Sadly Francis Bell who played Max died in an accident in May 1994 aged 50.

Max Ramsay is like Fisher in H&A, a legend and him and Fisher both had strong personalities. Max Ramsay will be about 72 now if still alive. Fisher would be 67 now in H&A so a few years younger than the Neighbours character.

I wonder if it is time for Max to return and have a lookalike actor play the role. Max was last seen over 26 years ago and is probably grey haired now so plenty of scope to introduce a new actor. Max had an affair years ago and never knew he had a daughter Jill and he could return to see granddaughter Summer.

I thought Max was more like Alf.

But only Alf more likeable.

• 1 month later...

Why is Summer Max's grandaughter please? I am slightly confused.

Summer Hoyland isn't Max's granddaughter. They're not even related.

You must be referring to Kate and Sophie Ramsay. The way these two are related to Max comes from their mother's side. I'll try to explain this the best I can.

Back in the late 1960s, Max Ramsay had an affair with Anne Robinson (Paul, Julie, Scott and Lucy Robinson's mother). As a result, Anne fell pregnant to Jill and she was born around the late 1960s to early 1970s but she must have been adopted out. The only reason why Jim Robinson (Anne's husband) wouldn't have been aware of Anne's pregnancy is because he was in the war at Vietnam.

The details are still somewhat sketchy, and I think the story in general is a joke.

Anne Robinson also was raped by Roger Bannon in 1963 and Julie was not Jim Robinson's real daughter.

Max Ramsay was married to Maria and she had an affair in about 1966 with Tim Duncan which resulted in Danny's birth, and yes Max had an affair with Anne in about 1967. All this sleeping around.

Amazing how in soaps someone just takes "He was the real father of him, not you I am afriad. I had an affair" as gosepl without DNA testing.

Anne Robinson also was raped by Roger Bannon in 1963 and Julie was not Jim Robinson's real daughter.

Max Ramsay was married to Maria and she had an affair in about 1966 with Tim Duncan which resulted in Danny's birth, and yes Max had an affair with Anne in about 1967. All this sleeping around.

Amazing how in soaps someone just takes "He was the real father of him, not you I am afriad. I had an affair" as gosepl without DNA testing.

Yes you're spot on about Anne being raped by Roger Bannon. Julie was Anne's second child after Paul. Also, Max wasn't related to Danny biologically speaking either.

I reckon someone should throw in a line of dialogue saying what Max is up to now. He'll be in his 70s now if still alive, maybe Kate can say something or even Paul Robinson. But if still alive, Max has not been back to Erinsborough for 27 years, not even a visit so he seems to have put Ramsay Street and Erinsborough well and truly behind him. He is possibly still in Brisbane.

Archived