New Channel 10 show Puberty Blues.

Guest lozlovesh&a

Network TEN is thrilled to announce the outstanding cast of actors who will star in the highly anticipated 2012 drama series Puberty Blues. Bringing this Australian classic to life, Puberty Blues tells the story of two girls Debbie and Sue, of innocence lost and experience gained against the backdrop of Australia in the seventies.

Produced by Southern Star John Edwards (Offspring, Tangle, Love My Way, Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo) and Imogen Banks (Offspring, Tangle) and based on the iconic novel Puberty Blues by Gabrielle Carey and Kathy Lette, the series will move beyond the original pages and explore the (mis) adventures of these young girls, their families and friends in a tumultuous if not romantic era of Australia’s history.

In announcing the cast, TEN Executive Producer Rick Maier says: “To be able to assemble this cast speaks volumes about both the pedigree of the production and the impact of the original novel. Can’t wait to get under way and bring this fantastic series to the audience.”

Imogen Banks, Producer Puberty Blues says: “As a young girl I read Puberty Blues in a state of terrified excitement. Now here I am, years later, making the series in much the same state.”

Puberty Blues includes some of Australia’s finest actors, including:

Claudia Karvan (The Secret Life of us, Love My Way, Spirited), Jeremy Lindsay Taylor (Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, Underbelly), Susie Porter (Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, East West 101), Dan Wylie (Love my Way, Animal Kingdom), Susan Prior (All Saints, Animal Kingdom), Rodger Corser (Rush, Underbelly, Spirited), Ashleigh Cummings (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, Tomorrow When the War Began), Brenna Harding (Packed to the Rafters, My Place), Sean Keenan (Lockie Leonard, Cloudstreet), Ed Oxenbould (Julian), Charlotte Best (Home and Away), Katie Wall (Dangerous, Underbelly), Reef Ireland (Tangle, Rush) and Isabelle Cornish (Dance Academy, Home and Away)

The series is being directed by Glendyn Ivin (Beaconsfield, Offspring, Last Ride) and Emma Freeman (Hawke, Tangle, Offspring). Shot in and around Cronulla Beach in Sydney’s Sutherland Shire, Puberty Blues is produced by Southern Star John Edwards, with producers John Edwards and Imogen Banks; and executive producers Rory Callaghan and Network Ten’s Rick Maier.

Production on Puberty Blues commences Monday April 10.

http://www.throng.com.au/puberty-blues/cas...a-puberty-blues

It's good to hear that Charlotte is going to be in the show - I'm looking forward to it! I watched the movie several years ago and the lingo they used back in the 70's made me laugh because no one talks like that anymore haha

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this, looking forward to seeing Charlotte again!I was worried she was going to have trouble making the transition from child actor after she disappeared off the radar, wish her all the luck.

Ah, shows shot in Sydney:If there's one HA guest star in them, there's half a dozen.I spot Susan Prior recently see as Margaret Henderson, Rodger Corser AKA Rachel's friend Hugh and Ashleigh Cummings AKA Xavier's girlfriend Ali!

• 2 months later...

Hope it's O.K. to link to YouTube on here:

This is a trailer for Puberty Blues, Charlotte seems to be playing a bad-girl in it e.g. - smoking a ciggy, or perhaps something else ?, and giving very basic sex-advice to one of the two main characters. Can't say I like the blond streaks in her hair though.

Thanks for sharing, idris!Great to see her again and I have to admit I quite like the Rogue-from-X-Men look.Be interesting to see just what her character's like(I think one of the girls calls her "Shell/Chelle" in one clip?), looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

EDIT: Looking at the cast list for the original movie, I see there's a Cheryl in it.Might have been that.

EDIT 2: Yeah, it was.

:lol: I knew I'd seen that hair style before. I just hope 'Cheryl' doesn't use her super-powers when she's having cat-fights.

Really hope all 8 episodes become available over here.

Watching the trailer, it was how I'd imagine an 'after-hours' version of H&A would be. Does anyone think they would dare to do that (and without the R.B.'s hogging it all) ?

I find it unlikely it'll be broadcast over here but I guess we could start writing letters to Channel 5 or whoever asking them to broadcast it.I'm hoping it comes out on DVD so I can import it.(I bought a multi-region DVD player last year, mainly to catch up on what ex-HA stars are doing now.)

Archived