Hazem

Guest cadyctslover

I haven't found Elijiah very likeable this year, and from what I've read on the forum I'm not alone.

I would really like to see Hazem return, and hopefully become a long-term love interest for Leah. I really liked their relationship before Elijiah came along, and although quite horrific I found the race riot to be compelling viewing and one of the best moments from last year.

On reading about the negative reaction Neighbours have received from what I'm sure is small minority to the casting of a new Indian family, racism is a more significant problem in Australia than I had imagined. I think therefore that this is something should H&A also be tackling, and having a regular muslim character would be a start. The new family on Neighbours will be of Indian and Sri Lankan decent, but from what I can tell their racial background won't define the characters. This is good in a way, because it will be similar to Chris who is treated in exactly the same way as every other character, he just happens to be gay. However it does sound as though there needs to be some exposure of this on Australian TV, and in the UK for that matter.

Ahhh yes Hazem! I liked him and Leah together! And just like saying his name..

But it would be strange getting use to him again as Hazem and not Tash's creepy boyfriend in Neighbours! I got use to him as that though so I'm sure I could switch back.. perhaps. I would much rather see Leah with him than Elijah though, so yes bring him back, they may as well, If it doesn't work out, they could always kill him off, Leah's good at that.

Hm, dunno. I didn't see any chemistry between him and Leah.

Neighbours seems to be moving ahead of Home and Away in the 'showing different types of characters' stakes. I mean having gay and ethnic minority characters. I suppose H&A has Elijah and also Grace and Thabo were in it for a while, but as for gay characters, I can't see H&A writing those in. In Neighbours, they seem to be going for the dramatic plotline where Chris is concerned, better IMO than having a low key story :D

Hm, dunno. I didn't see any chemistry between him and Leah.

Neighbours seems to be moving ahead of Home and Away in the 'showing different types of characters' stakes. I mean having gay and ethnic minority characters. I suppose H&A has Elijah and also Grace and Thabo were in it for a while, but as for gay characters, I can't see H&A writing those in. In Neighbours, they seem to be going for the dramatic plotline where Chris is concerned, better IMO than having a low key story :D

So true...and I don't even like Neighbours. I really liked the racism storyline with him and Leah, it was great drama. I don't think they would dare do something like this these days as it would distract from the flippin' River Boys!

Ahhh yes Hazem! I liked him and Leah together! And just like saying his name..

But it would be strange getting use to him again as Hazem and not Tash's creepy boyfriend in Neighbours! I got use to him as that though so I'm sure I could switch back.. perhaps. I would much rather see Leah with him than Elijah though, so yes bring him back, they may as well, If it doesn't work out, they could always kill him off, Leah's good at that.

Haha, love this! I'd completely forgotten about Hazem - I really liked him at the time and thought he and Leah could have been a good couple. Not sure how I feel now as I'm a big fan of Leah and Elijah (or at least I was in the beginning). It actually would have been better to have a love triangle with Elijah and Hazem rather than Miles, who I never thought had any romantic chemistry with Leah. But it would certainly be interesting to bring Hazem back...

Archived