Do You Follow Your Heart Or Your Head?

Guest Siobhan B

Thanks again for all the comments!

It's a bit late but not too far off 6 o'clock only 2 hours! haha

They always encourage me to write more, and after school thats no easy job!!

Chapter 4

Ruby was going through all times Charlie had disapeared and all the extra late shifts that she'd been having lately and couldn't help but wonder if she was sneeking out to see Brax. Ruby couldn't help but be angry at Charlie although she understood why she had to keep it a secret. She was her daughter after all. Ruby was so caught up in her own head that she didn't hear the car follow her.

Hammer Perovich had Ruby in his sights. He knew that it was a perfect hit at Charlie, Brax and Casey even though Casey hadn't really gotten involved he was still a Braxton and that was motive enough. Hammer pulled up on the side of the road and grabbed a crowbar from the passengers seat. He hit Ruby across the head with it. He had just put enough force in it to knock her out he had no intentions of killing the girl. yet!

--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Charlie stayed over in the motel. She'd cried herself to sleep in Brax's arms. Brax tried to calm her down for hours but in the end just let her cry into his chest while he gently stroked her hair.

Charlie shuffled slightly in the bed, and then woke up

"Hey" Charlie said still slightly groggy

"Morning Baby" Brax replied kissing her softly on the head. "You okay?" He couldn't help but admire how sexy she looked in the morning when she just woke up. Her hair was loose and ruffled and she looked like she hadn't a care in the world and then reality hit.

"Did you hear anything from Casey or Ruby?"

"No, Babe, I didn't"

"Do you think she's okay?" Worry starting to appear in Charlies face

"Ruby's a smart girl, Charlie, she'll be fine i bet she just needed time to cool off, eh?" Brax said reasurringly "Wait, Charlie where are you going?"

"I'm going to find my daughter Brax and explain"

Brax got up and put his arms around her petite waist "Thats not a good idea your stressed, tired and upset. Why don't you go have a shower, i'll make breakfast and then we'll go look for her together."

Charlie knew that Brax wasn't taking no for an answer. So she decided to do what she was told for once.

"She'll be okay Babe, She will" he said before pulling her in for a passionate kiss

-----------------------

----------------------------------

Casey walked into the Summer Bay dinner

"Hey dal, what can i get you" Irene asked Casey

"A flat white to go, thanks Irene"

"Sure thing, Is Ruby not with ya this morning?"

"Oh no, she said that she wanted to do some study before she went surfing this morning" Casey lied. He knew that Brax would give out hell if he told Irene about him and Charlie and the fight between Ruby and Charlie.

Casey walked out of the diner and text Ruby to see if she wanted to talk about last night

Hey Rubes, Are you alright after last night? Wanna talk about it? Xx

Casey was expecting a reply nearly straight away like he normally got from Ruby but none came.

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

"Breakfast is served madam" Brax said giving charlie a little bow. She couldn't help but crack a smile at this.

"Why thank you kind sir" Charlie giggled

They sat down and ate the breakfast that Brax had made. But there was little conversation. He wanted to reach out and comfort her but he knew that there was nothing he could do to put her mind at ease. She needed to know what her little gril was safe just like any other mother would.

"Come here" Brax said opening his arms inviting Charlie to sit on his lap.

"You need to stop worrying, seriously Charlie, you're going to make yourself sick"

"How can I, She was right about what she said last night i'ma hypocrith i told her to stay away from Casey that he was bad news and all the time behind her back i've been hooking up with you it's not right" she said a single tear rolling down her cheek

Brax wiped it away with his thumb "Charlie you thought you were doing the right thing"

"why don't you give her a call she bound to answer you"

Charlie picked up her phone and dialed ruby's number. She was about to give up when it was answered on the last ring.

"Oh thank God, Ruby?"

"Hello Sergent Buckton"

"Who's this?"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the reviews guys! They're great!

Sorry there won't be an update tomorrow evening.

But there will be one on Thursday

Chapter 5

"Where's Ruby? Is she okay?"

"Now now, Sergent Buckton i'll ask the the questions, and your preicous Ruby will be fine if you do what your told" Hammer said being cocky.

Charlie froze at the other end of the phone. Brax had got up off his chair and walked over to Charlie when he knew it wasn't Ruby on the other end of the phone.

"Now, everyone knows that your relationship with Darryl Braxton is what landed Jake in jail" At this Charlie knew exactly who it was

"Hammer you'd better not hurt her, or else..." Charlie started her threat but was cut across by Hammer

"or else what Buckton, there will be no or else or you'll be organising your daughters funeral you got me?" He shouted back at her

"What do you want?" Charlie asked timidly.

"Well, i want you to tell Brax to meet me at the abandoned ware-house at 11o'clock tonight" Hammer said this in a way that charlie knew she couldn't argue. Then the line went dead

-------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

"Charlie what was that about, why has Hammer got Rubys phone?" Brax asked taking her hands and leading her to the sofa.

She couldn't find the words to answer him, she tried to speak but nothing came out.

"Charlie?" Brax said softly sensing her fear "talk to me"

"He has Ruby" Charlie said bearly audiable

"What do you mean he has Ruby?"

"He's kidnapped Ruby and told me to tell you to meet him at the old warehouse at 11" Charlie started weeping until to hold them back. "What if something happens to her, she's my little girl Brax"

Brax took Charlie's face in his hands and wiped away her tears. It killed him inside to she the woman that he loves in so much pain. "He wouldn't hurt her Charlie, i know this sounds awful babe, but Ruby would be of no use to him dead. He's using her as a lure to get at me and Heath. Once he gets us he'll let her go"

"But...." Brax interupted her sentence with an extermely fiery and passionate kiss. "I promise you, Ruby's gonna be okay"

After saying this Brax got up of the sofa and walked over to the table picked up his phone and headed for the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Charlie asked confused

"I'm going to sort out a few things before I go and meet Hammer"

"WHAT, Brax no way am I letting you go and meet Hammer" She exclaimed as she rose to her feet

"Charlie, I'll be fine, I'm pretty sure I can take on Hammer Perovich in all fairness"

"And what if he has a gun, eh?, what you gonna do then?" Charlie challenged "There are other things we can do, we can get the Police involved"

"Charlie we both know that getting the coppers involved is a bad idea, it doesn't take a genius to work that one out"

"Right well if your going then i'm coming with you" she replied

"NO way, Charlie, no way am I putting you in that position, what if something happens to you?"

"I think I can look after myself, thanks all the same"

-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Casey knocked on the door of Leah's house expecting Ruby to come out and answer it. Instead VJ opened the day

"Hey"

"G'day mate" CAsey said giving VJ a high five "Is Ruby in?"

"No, I think she might be at April's maybe you should try there" he said suggestively

"OK, no worries"

Casey already knew that Ruby wasn't at April though he'd already tried there. He decided to go back to the motel maybe Ruby had decided to go and listen to what Charlie had to say. It was unlikely but it was worth a try

_--------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

Archived