Winners and Losers

dncllpyk

I can't believe no one else has started a topic about this show yet. Its a good show its on 9 oclock on Tuesday nights on channel 7. Its about four friends 10 years after they attended high school. My fave character is Jenny I also like Sophie.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I seriously only just find this topic?!? Geez I'm slow!

I love Winners and Losers. Some of the outcomes are very predictable, but a lot of the drama is good drama.

I like Frances in the show. She's amusing to watch and has a pretty nice backstory.

But all the main girls are awesome. :)

Winners and Losers is just awesome!

I enjoy watching this show as it's easy to watch, the characters are easy to relate to and the storylines are very well written. The guest characters who compliment the regulars on the show also blend in well.

It's interesting to see actors and actresses who have appeared on previous tv shows together like Blair McDonough (aka Matt), Damien Bodie (aka Jonathon) and Nell Feeney-Connor (aka Bec's Mum Carolyn) in Neighbours and Mike Smith (aka Callum) and Virginia Gay (aka Frances) in All Saints, to name but two examples.

I look forward each week to the journey that each character takes us on and I do hope that its future will go beyond Season 1.

I've also been very much enjoying W&L - it's a great show, and I too am surprised it's taken this long for a thread to be started!

Been having a few chats about it with it's creator, and I'm glad to say that they have recently got the go-ahead for Season 2. :)

Also interesting to note is that the role of Bec was actually offered to Kate Ritchie, but she turned it down to go with Cops LAC, which had also been offered to her at the same time - oopsy! Though saying that, I really can't imagine Kate in the role now....

That's totally awesome that there will be a Season 2 of W&L! Thanks Dan.

I also read about Kate Ritchie being offered the role of Bec but I'm glad that they chose Zoe instead as she's made for that role and the four women blend in just nicely together as friends on the show. I envisaged Kate could have been utilised in the earlier episodes at the school reunion alongside Michala Bana's character Tiffany as one of her "posse". If Tiffany does return then maybe an opening for Kate to star alongside her would be one to watch.

I like this show.My favourites are Jenny and Sophie but I like the other two as well.They all need new love interests though because I'm not feeling any of them except Frances and the guy whose father she was seeing for awhile.I hope they continue that.

Last nights episode was good. I love Jenny in it. Rob Mills was in it. This is his first acting gig his not bad at acting. The camera loves him though it was obvious when he was on Australian Idol. Last weeks episode was sad when that Maddie girl lost her Mum in the car crash poor thing. Her grandpa was he Bill Hunter?

Ron Sommers, Maddie's grandpa was played by Bill McCluskey.

Zach Armstrong, whose father Paul was seeing Frances for a while, and Frances do have an amazing on-screen chemistry. The urst is just electrifying and I like that each time they are together the audience gets to know a little more about Zach.

I wonder when Millsy's character Sean will do a duet with Jenny... now that I like to see.

Sophie, Sophie, Sophie what have you done? Dumping JB for Jake. :o She's better off with JB but I guess time will tell.

What an awkward moment that was when Matt came to dinner. I guess that he just can't take a hint that Bec ain't interested anymore.

Good to see two familiar faces - Judith McGrath (from All Saints) as Soph's counsellor Maria Crawley and Glenda Linscott (from Murder Call) as Frances's Mum Lilly Paterson.

I wonder how long Lilly will hang around and if her intentions are honourable - only time will tell.

So good to see that Julia Blake has another role since "Bed of Roses" finished by playing Gwen Armstrong. I just can't fathom how two lovely people such as Don and Gwen raised their son Paul to be the way he is. Thank goodness Zach didn't turn out the same way as his father is all I'll say.

Looks like Jenny found her true friends and not the ones that plied her with alcohol and professed to be broke. Good on Soph for being strong and standing up to Sean on behalf of Jenny.

Jake's a nasty piece of work though - breaking into Soph's apartment, not cool! Seems like Dan Feuerriegel has a knack for getting bad boy roles and playing them really well. His latest character reminds me of the character he played in McLeod's Daughters - Leo Coombes.

Awww it was good to see Zach again and those scenes with Frances and his grandparents were priceless. Even Jonathan interrupting the afternoon and all the facial expressions between them were lol moments.

Bec and Doug... the jury is still out on that coupling.

Quiet achiever I just worked out where I've seen Jake before McLeods I can't remember his name but he used Stevies daughter to get back at Drovers. Tuesday nights episode was good. I think Frances and Zach would make a good couple. I hope Jenny finds the right guy some day.

Archived