The Steph and Toadie saga

Guest scottieshez

Is it just me or has this storyline been dragged out way to long? Wouldnt it be simple enough for the pair of them to split up now that they have been together long enough for everyone to believe that toadie is the father of the baby? After all they only have to convince everyone that hes the father, theres no need to prolong everyones suffering.

I think this storyline is ridicolous....I mean, come on! Ok Steph, you are pregnant with Dans baby and you dont want Libby to find out..I get that. The thing I DONT get is why cant you just say you had a drunken one night fling with a randomer instead of pretending the baby is Todies!?

Saying that though, I cant wait to see the climax of the story, whenever that may be!

I just think it would have been far more plausible for Steph to come home, tell Lucas she realised how much she missed him, fall into his arms, spend the night together and boom a month or two down the line, tell him she's pregnant. Ok so it may not be truthful but it would be a lot better than the situation they are all in now and besides she loves Lucas anyway, so no harm done :wink:

I really dont like this storyline becuase it just seems to childish and stupid, I dont believe Steph and Toadie would make this sort of thing up and then go along with it, ruining there lives in the process - none of it makes any sense at all, other than the fact that Libby wont find out the baby is Dan's. It's just going to cause so much heartache in the long run, what are they going to tell the child? Toadie and Steph will have to go along with this for the rest of their lives...its all just a bit too stupid and implausible for me to believe.

I think this storyline is ridicolous....I mean, come on! Ok Steph, you are pregnant with Dans baby and you dont want Libby to find out..I get that. The thing I DONT get is why cant you just say you had a drunken one night fling with a randomer instead of pretending the baby is Todies!?

Saying that though, I cant wait to see the climax of the story, whenever that may be!

Because Libby would think Steph having unprotected sex with a stranger (even while drunk) was suspiciously out of character.

I just think it would have been far more plausible for Steph to come home, tell Lucas she realised how much she missed him, fall into his arms, spend the night together and boom a month or two down the line, tell him she's pregnant. Ok so it may not be truthful but it would be a lot better than the situation they are all in now and besides she loves Lucas anyway, so no harm done :wink:

There's no way Steph would do that after seeing the effect Izzy's lies had on Karl.

Even so, I think the whole story arc is one of the worst wallbangers in the show's history. Yes, even compared to the Ramsay kids' introduction and Andrew and Summer being deSORASed. Both Strph and Toadie have been irreparably derailed, and the sooner they leave the better.

Because Libby would think Steph having unprotected sex with a stranger (even while drunk) was suspiciously out of character.

I may be wrong but did Steph have an affair with the married guy (Greg?) last year.... I'm not an avid watcher of Neighbours!

Steph having sex with a stranger may be out of character but thats nothing compared to having sex with her best friends husband! Wow I can't believe how much they are ruining Steph's character.

I liked her better in her early days, pre-Max, but since she had Charlie she has become more of a worrier...having said that she isnt a 20-something carefree biker chick anymore, she is a mum and business owner so she has naturally matured. I dont know though, after the 2007 revamp they really brought the older Steph back and it worked really well imo! I like seeing characters go threw dramatic or serious storylines, so long as it doesn't change the essence of a character and I think this has pushed it a little too far with both Toadie and Steph, I just cant believe they are stupid enough to carry on lying like they are, n matter how desperate they are and I know people make mistakes, but its been going on now for so long that it just doesn't ring true somehow...

There's no way Steph would do that after seeing the effect Izzy's lies had on Karl.

Even so, I think the whole story arc is one of the worst wallbangers in the show's history. Yes, even compared to the Ramsay kids' introduction and Andrew and Summer being deSORASed. Both Strph and Toadie have been irreparably derailed, and the sooner they leave the better.

Its alot more plausible than the current storyline..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived