Easter

Guest adellejefferiesxox

I hope everyone will have a wonderful easter. Easter always brings up the topic of religion for me so I was just wondering what you all think of Easter and Religion.

What's your take on why Jesus died on the cross, are you for or against the beliefs of Easter. If you were to explain Lent, Good Friday, why jesus died on the cross, the passover, how would you describe it?

I hope you all get lots of chocolate, but don't eat too much :P

Well quite honestly I think religion today is just sick! I don't mean to offend anybody but the amount of paedophile priests out there is sickening.

I do believe in Jesus dying in the cross to save all our souls and all the resurrection stuff don't get me wrong, I just think that today the religion is horrible.

Oh and have a happy Easter everyone :)

Well quite honestly I think religion today is just sick! I don't mean to offend anybody but the amount of paedophile priests out there is sickening.

I do believe in Jesus dying in the cross to save all our souls and all the resurrection stuff don't get me wrong, I just think that today the religion is horrible.

I don't think it's fair to say "the religion" is horrible just because of a small minority who do the wrong thing. It's like saying the education system is failing because there are teachers who get busted for abusing their position of authority with their students. You can't write off "the religion" for that reason. I'm not trying to start an argument, and I apologise if this is not what you meant, but it's how your comment came across to me.

Having said that, I really like Easter. I'm Catholic, so go to mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. For me, it's all about Jesus being "the word made flesh". And basically the word is Love. And the fact that Jesus died for our sins because he loved us. He didn't have to, and would have been perfectly right to say to God (his father) that he didn't want to suffer, especially at the hands of those who he spent so long trying to save. People who were supposed to be his followers. But he did it. So Easter for me, is about telling people that I love them. Remembering to be a loving person, that is putting love into practice. Showing it, not just sayng it.

I'm with Jen although I'm not catholic. It's time to remember that the Our God sent his Son to die for us as the greatest expression of love and sacrifice the world has ever seen. Through that sacrifice He made it possible for me to have a personal relationship with my God through Him.

In a sense I also agree with Kevin. The fact that some horrific things have been done by individuals and organisations that call themselves religious is sick.

But that doesn't take away from the central fact of God and his love.

In a sense I also agree with Kevin. The fact that some horrific things have been done by individuals and organisations that call themselves religious is sick.

Those people are extremists. Like terrorist represented by their religion, sometimes their religion can be see as a means of promoting what they believe in and performing unthinkable, horrible acts of terror.

Sorry if that made no sense. I think it's all about interpretations of the bible or religion scripts.

I don't really mean to say that the whole religion is horrible, but what I am trying to say is that I hold priests and all that in a different place to my beliefs in God and Jesus. I really do believe in the religion but its hard to have faith in something so important when there are soo many stories about priests and bishops abusing young boys. That kinda thing does make me ill and unfortunately I now make that link between priests and what some of them have done. I don't really know how to explain what I mean. Basically I just seperate my feelings for the actual religion and the priests.

Archived