Smoking

Guest bubbleburst

Smoking we know it's bad for you, but what are your views towards smoking. Do you smoke? Or were you a smoker and quit, if you did how did you go about doing so. What annoys you most about people who smoke? What are your views on the laws regarding smoking? Do you have friends who smoke, family who smoke, do you know someone who has died as a result of smoking or developed a chronic ilness. Please feel free to share.

I personally hate when people smoke in the car and don't wind the window down.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i smoked from 16 til 20. (i'm 27 now). it's so addictive and i still get cravings. have relapsed a couple of times in the last 7 years and will likely do so again at some stage, just because when stress hits it really helps.

it's a dirty habit. i especially hate it when people smoke around kids because the kids have no choice. i'm glad the smoking laws have changed in oz over the last few years to make it better for people who don't want to breathe in other peoples smoke.

not smoking makes a huge difference to your health i would advise young people not to take it up. it also ends up costs an absolute fortune. quitting is very difficult.

I think people can do whatever they like to themselves as long as it doesn't harm or annoy anyone else. Smoking is no different. I hate being around it and as long as smokers can respect that space, I don't have a problem with them. It irritates me like you wouldn't believe when people smoke in a non-smoking zone though, especially on train station platforms.

I dont smoke. My uncle used to smoke and then he stopped when he had my cousin his eldest daughter, I have an uncle also on my mother's side who smokes but he respects the fact that the smell of smoking makes me feel queasy so he never does it around me and thats fine by me. People are old enough to make their own choices as to what they want to do but if they dont have a lot of knowledge then someone should help them in that sense.

I don't mind if people smoke around me, I really like the smell. Sad as that sounds. I have smoked in the past but I gave up cos it got too expensive! I know its bad for your health too clearly. I do think its good now that you can't smoke in bars, because before those laws came in you could barely see anything.

I've never smoked and never will.

My Great Uncle died of lung cancer in Dec 2009 and he'd smoked for most of his life and only gave up when it too late. I have the same views on it as alcohol because I've seen the damage that both can do. I don't understand the allure of it.

I've never smoked and I don't plan on starting either. I only have two friends who smoke and they have the decency not to smoke around the rest of us. My dad sometimes smokes cigars but he's not addicted to the point that he has to smoke every day. He only smokes on weekends and he can't smoke inside the house anyway. I have an aunt who smokes way too much though but she can't manage to stop. She smokes less cigarettes than before though.

I'm glad that they can't smoke in restaurants anymore. I hate it when someone is smoking next to me while I'm eating. I want smoking and non-smoking zones in pubs to be separated a bit better. Sometimes, you can still smell cigarettes in non-smoking zones. It's really annoying when you smell like cigarettes after a night out at the pub.

What I don't like is smokers saying they have every right to smoke. Yes, they can smoke if they feel like it but non-smokers have every right to breathe fresh air and not to be exposed to second-hand smoke. So there's no need to exhale your smoke in someone else's face.

Archived