Smoking

Guest bubbleburst

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I smoke and I have tried to give up but never seem to succeed. I would not be a heavy smoker but I enjoy my cigarettes every day. What annoys me about it is people think they can judge people who smoke just because they don't smoke it is nobodys business if somebody else smokes only the person who is actually smoking. That is my opinion.

And when it comes to the Health issues, my father never drank never smoked eat healthy and died of a massive heart attack explain that to me????

I agree people do just have massive heart attacks, but there is always a reason behind it. IT doesn't necessarily mean he was unhealthy in terms of lifestyle, but people can have heart attacks at a young/old age becuase they were born with a weak heart, there are many factors that result in heart failure, it doesn't just give up without a reason.

Smoking cigarettes is the leading cause of mouth and lung cancer worldwide and they are the hardest cancers to treat. But cancer isn't the only health related issue, the carcinogenic substances in cigarettes are what cause overall health problems. On top of that, they are up their next to sun damage as the best way to look old, saggy and drained fast. Check out this interesting photo, they are identical twins or should I say were identical twins, one has smoked all her life, the other hasn't - you can see how smoking ages you by at least 10 years and that's just on the outside;

smokingl.jpg

I've been smoking on and off since I was 16. When I'm out with some of my friends and we're drinking I will. If I'm stressed I will. I can go 6 months or more without having one and it doesn't effect me. I'm not addicted to them so I guess I'm lucky compared to those that are.

I smoke around my boyfriend, because he smokes all the time and it's pretty disgusting kissing him if I haven't. We're long-distance at the moment, though, so it's not very much. I don't know what I'm gonna do next year when he lives in a house with his friends, though, 'cause I know they'll wanna smoke inside the house when they're drunk; but stale smoke, in my opinion, smells disgusting! That's why I don't like people who smoke in cars - even more so if they're driving. And with regards to smoking around children - the law in Italy (where I live) says that if you smoke in the presence of someone under the age of fourteen (I think) or a pregnant woman in a non-smoking area, the fine is doubled.

• 1 month later...

Archived