Martha/Liam

Barbara

At first, I thought it was a bit strange to put them together in a scene as they barely spoke to each other last year. The only scene I can remember is the one where he's teaching Bambang to play the guitar. But then I saw the scenes that aired a couple of weeks ago and I like their friendship and I insist on the word 'friendship'. They're having fun. However, I don't really like the way things are going. Martha's partner just died and Nicole just dumped Liam. IMO, they both need some time alone and Martha deserves better anyway. She doesn't need another 'bad boy' in her life.

It's just a shame that there aren't many boy/girl friendships on the show. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god I love Liam and Martha!!

They both have actually got such great chemistry onscreen , and they have so much fun. Whenever they come onscreen together and are being all flirty and funny it just makes me smile so much and then I have to laugh out loud. I loved the scene so much when this happens

Martha : Im off to bed

Liam : Goodnight

Martha : Are you not coming with me ?

Liam : Nope

Martha : are you serious ?

*pause*

Liam :Yeah, of course. Just keeping you on your toes.

:lol:

I just love all their scenes, and I think they would make such a cute couple! And its so great to see Martha having so much fun , its been ages since we've seen her this happy. The scene where they have the small waterfight was hilarious as well. I hope they continue this little thing they've got going on because I am really enjoying it :D

As I've previously said in another thread, I'd have preferred Martha to be on her own at the moment especially when Hugo has not long "died" and I don't think she should be in a relationship right at this moment... it would have been more realistic to see her grieving. But, then again she had a hard time when Jack died, so I don't think it would do her any good going through this once more.

Yet, I did like the relationship Martha and Liam had when they were just friends and I think it would have been better this way, rather than going into a relationship which all friendships end up in, as it seems. I do believe that I will end up liking the idea of them both, though or maybe just getting used to it

until Jodi leaves that is

. I must admit, they do have a fun relationship and I think if Martha hadn't been Hugo(how wrong was I when I thought that would be a good couple :rolleyes:) it would've been very good to have seen them two together.

Edited by Abi

I can see the chemistry but it doesn't really feel like a healthy relationship for either of them.With Martha, it kind of like she waited until she found someone she cared about after Jack died only for him to "die" as well, so now she's having a casual relationship with the first guy that comes along.With Liam, it feels like he needs someone around him and she's the best offer he's got.I think they could both have done with being single for a while because this isn't going to do either of them any good in the long run.It would have been nice for them to stay friends and support each other that way instead of going to bed together but sadly it seems that isn't an option now.

Nothing against Liam & Martha, he's not a threat to Hugo & Martha though he should know better but he's just a softy needs to get over his break with Nicole which is still nothing compared to Martha's grieve, i guess Martha is a stronger woman!!

Liam is a million times the person Hugo will ever be , and thats saying something!!

I don't think Martha is doing better than Liam in the sense shes doing better dealing with whats going on in her life. I think shes realised that Hugo was horrible and he isn't worth grieving over and thats why she seems to be 'coping' so well. She deserves someone so much better than Hugo and Liam (although they could have been a nice couple if given the chance and hey Martha & Hugo could have been a good couple if he wasn't all murderous and inhumane)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why Martha's treating Liam the way she does whether it's only because she's not looking for anything serious, her family has still no clue she has two faces but who is gonna believe Liam, Liam should stand up for himself be a man and make an end to it, stay away from Martha!! friendship would be nice though would be too complicated after this whole misunderstanding, they should stay away from each other for their own goods!

I still can't follow Liam going from Nicole to Martha and

Rubby's next!

I like this relationship with Martha/Liam, not because its good for them cos it isn't, but it is realistic. So many relationships seems to start off as a fun thing then one realises the other is using them, or has emotional problems and it gets all messy and they end up disliking each other. I hope it continues to the bitter end and doesn't end up with them magically sorting it all out. Well done HAA writers :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

I really like the chemistry these two have. It's easy and natural which is something that's very rare, imo. I don't know if I'd want them in a relationship because I don't want what they have ruined.