Young Pregnancy

Guest Siennas a fan

Personally, no, I dislike young pregnancy. It breaks my heart a little when I see children as young as 9 or 10 wearing makeup, and mini-skirts, and all that rubbish.

Children are called children for a reason, and what they should experience is a childhood. Involving makeup, getting 'ready' to go outside, boys, & especially sex at a child's age, to me, isn't right.

I'm not saying it's wrong, or that I don't approve of those people [i know plenty of teenagers with kids] but i do think it's very sad.

Personally, no, I dislike young pregnancy. It breaks my heart a little when I see children as young as 9 or 10 wearing makeup, and mini-skirts, and all that rubbish.

Children are called children for a reason, and what they should experience is a childhood. Involving makeup, getting 'ready' to go outside, boys, & especially sex at a child's age, to me, isn't right.

I'm not saying it's wrong, or that I don't approve of those people [i know plenty of teenagers with kids] but i do think it's very sad.

I agree. I feel girls are in such a hurry to grow up these days that they're missing out on the innocence that goes with being a child. I do think that the media is partly to blame for this, as well as the celebrity culture that people are being born into. I hate seeing little girls in bikinis or high heels, or wearing provocative t-shirts before they've even hit puberty. Sometimes i think, as a country (actually the developed world as a whole) we've developed so much we've lost the innocence that goes with being a child and the pressures these days is emmense.

Statistics have proven time and time again that children born to teen mums are more likely to be brought up in single parent families, more likely to be deprived, more likely to drop out of school early etc.

I'm not doubting there are some wonderful young mums out there but unfortunately they seem to be in the minority. I know mistakes can happen and i respect any young mum who deals with it and does everything she can for her child. But i despair reading about young couples who have a baby so they can get a house, get benefits etc. It's so selfish it makes me furious.

Archived