Crossover (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Slade

Matilda had a crush on Kim? :blink: I am starting to wonder if a] I have ever watched any episodes of HAA or b] my memory is getting so bad I can't remember anything previous to last month :o

Do you think you could ever bring yourself to add a fight scene between Ric and Kim over Mattie? That would surely get lots of readers to this fic :whistle: [Miranda quickly checks that she hasn't missed such a scene :lol:]

Edited by Miranda

^Yes, Matilda had a crush on Kim when he first turned up.It lasted at least until he got together with Kit, I remember her hearing him telling Robbie he liked his sister and getting all excited because she thought he meant her.

Sadly, since Ric and Kim are in different universes, I really don't think I'll be able to do a fight between them.

Lisa Duffy, guest character from 2007, briefly dated Drew, even more briefly dated Lucas and died the day after they first slept together.The boy never caught a break...

Duh how could I forget about her? I still remember the episode when Dan and Leah left and she promptly, forcefully, practically ripped his shirt of and wanted to do it there and then. I could never understand why he preferred Belle to be honest (because I thought Lisa was miles better) but I guess he was in love with her.

^Yes, Matilda had a crush on Kim when he first turned up.It lasted at least until he got together with Kit, I remember her hearing him telling Robbie he liked his sister and getting all excited because she thought he meant her.

Yeah didn’t she pretend to drown so he could save her?

I didn’t realise who Denni was until you mentioned he was Lisa’s boyfriend (I was kinda on and off with Home and Away at the time). He was Dom’s mate during the drag racing debacle with Drew.

Can I assume that that Gus person bears no resemblance to Gus Philips?

I thought that was a great twist with Kim and Matilda and totally out of character for her. Sometimes I need these things literally spelt out but I assume that they slept together. If so what are the implications of this when she gets teleported back to her universe? (Rhetorical question)

This one keeps slipping through the net.

Kit was pretty stupid trying to hit Denni like that when he had her in an armlock with a knife to her throat but perhaps she wasn't entirely sober.

Do I sense that Matilda’s work is almost done?

It’s a shame this story doesn’t have a larger audience but the reality is that Ric and Matilda are yesterday’s news. Things might have been different had you wrote this fic about a year ago.

Still feels as though there’s a chapter left. i.e. what about her sleeping with Kim (from the other Universe)? I’m wondering if she’ll come clean out of guilt. You could argue that no one in their right mind would but what if she fell pregnant? Forget it, that’s a whole other fic. Also did anything else happen with Ric and the alternate Matilda (I doubt it)? What about the origins of the pyramid? I found it interesting that it was being watched by the same person in both universes.

:lol: I can’t believe I almost got something right. So presumably the last part was several weeks after the alternate Matilda returned to her own universe. It’s interesting how all the parties involved were unfaithful and I was a bit surprised you decided to do that (simply because a couple of posts you made a while back implied Ric/Mattie were one of your favourite couples i.e. when they got their happy ending). I’m wondering if the purpose of the last chapter (and more importantly the whole storyline) was actually for alternate Matilda and Kim to have a baby as presumably they couldn’t conceive. So the stuff with Kit was in fact an aside.

Going back to the point I made previously about not having a larger following, I know you said you like to be different but I personally feel that if you had made Aden and Belle (or even Aden and Nicole) the main characters then things might have been different. But I respect that you are always prepared to take risks and like to sometimes deviate from the norm and are simply staying true to one of your traits as a writer.

Thanks, Slade.I did actually have a vague idea for a story involving Aden and Nicole but I remember getting comments on the first story about how it was a relief to have a story centered around different characters.So I decided to stick by my existing audience instead of trying to find a new one.

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Crossover (by Red Ranger 1) - comments