How can I get to Home and Aways Beach?

Guest Mishlc

I am on my way to Sydney in the next couple of weeks and am hoping to get out to the Beach where they film...

Does anyone know how I would get there by bus or something, how long it is going to take me and if there is any chance they would be filming that day?

Long shot I know, but you never know if you never ask... :D

I am on my way to Sydney in the next couple of weeks and am hoping to get out to the Beach where they film...

Does anyone know how I would get there by bus or something, how long it is going to take me and if there is any chance they would be filming that day?

Long shot I know, but you never know if you never ask... :D

Symphony might be able to help you and if not try SummerBayLocal :D

I had an email requesting the same a couple of weeks ago, I might as well just post the email I sent back - there will be a page going up on the site at some point with all the information you need about getting there:

It is indeed possible to visit ‘Summer Bay’ – the town is Palm Beach and it’s about 40km north of Sydney.

Here you will find the beach, the Surf Club and the Pier Diner/Seaplane Wharf – however other locations such as Tony’s house, the wharf and the old Diner are scattered throughout the Northern Beaches. You can view more information on all the locations on our site here: http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/onlocation/

If you’re going to be heading there by car, then there is a little ‘tour’ type guide here which will take you around a few different locations, though its a little bit out of date for some of the newer locations http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/onlo...uickroute.shtml

If you’re going to head there by Bus, then you’ll be wanting to catch the L90 bus from Wynyard Bus Station in Sydney (or Railway Square, whichever is easiest). They run very regularly and will take you right to the beach itself. It would be best to allow around 2 hours for the bus journey.

If you head to this site: http://www.sydneybuses.info/ - then you can use the ‘Quick Search’ dropdown box on the right to select ‘L90’ and then view both a map and timetable for the service. There are a few stops in Palm Beach, the first main one is in the central hub of Palmy where you’ll find Barrenjoey House, the shops and the ferry wharf. You can get off here if you wish to take a look around, but be aware that the beach/surf club etc. is on the other side of the hill, and it can be a bit of a walk!

On the other side of the hill is the best place to get off the bus, just next to the Golf Club on Beach Road. From here there’s 2 small roads that go up the peninsula, taking the left one will lead you to the Barrenjoey Boathouse and Seaplane Wharf (which you’ll know as the Pier Diner), and the right road will take you past the Surf Club and along the top of the main beach – both roads have various paths in between them so it’s easy enough to see everything.

However if you miss this stop then it doesn’t matter, as the bus drives down the length of Palm Beach and terminates at the bottom end next to the new Ocean Place complex (marked Ocean Road on the timetable), which has a couple of cafes/shops. From here you’re fairly close to the swimming pool which has been seen quite often over the years, then you can take a walk back up the beach to the Surf Club area (you may be amazed by how long the beach really is!)

If you want to try and catch the H&A crew then your best bet would be to head up there between Monday – Wednesday as that's the most likely time for them to be filming on location (the weekend is a definite no for filming as the beach is extremely busy) However it cannot be guaranteed that they will be there as they may well be filming on location in another area.

Archived