Freeview

Guest Natasha

Hi

I'm wondering...what exactly is Freeview? :unsure: I saw the ad...is it 15 free HD channels or normal channels? What content will we be getting? Do we need a special set top box for it or use the HD Set Top Box (one I already one)

I'm so confused but intrigued at the same time.

I've Googled, but it didn't come up with much. :lol:

Natasha.

Natasha, I think Ireland and Australia are phasing out terrestrial(?) viewing and bringing in Freeview. As far as I'm aware, everybody in the country will automatically receive a bundle of channels. There are no fees, but I don't know if you have to get a box or not.

I don't know what it's like in Australia, but over here, rural areas only receive 3 (sometimes 4) channels with the TV ears (that's if you don't have digital). So when Freeview comes in, everybody will have access to the same channels whether they are in the cities or country villages/towns. :)

I think the Irish Freeview is being done now, and they'll cut TV transmission in 2010 (?) and Freeview will come into effect.

In Belgium we have to pay extra for BBC three & BBC FOUR :blink:

I used to watch Hallmark which came together with the Prime Channels,well now they charge you extra for the hallmark channel which comes with BBC three & FOUR but i don't need any of that!

+ <_< The Prime Channels suck they're always showing the same movies which costs about 20€ a month.

Two years ago i bought that digibox piece of sh!t,it may be worth 10€ but i payed 250€ for it.we can't even buy HDdecoders yet,they're only for rent.by the time they're actually for sell, i'll have to buy a new HDtv!

unlocked satellites use to be fun,it's all about the money! :wink::wink:

Natasha, I think Ireland and Australia are phasing out terrestrial(?) viewing and bringing in Freeview. As far as I'm aware, everybody in the country will automatically receive a bundle of channels. There are no fees, but I don't know if you have to get a box or not.

I don't know what it's like in Australia, but over here, rural areas only receive 3 (sometimes 4) channels with the TV ears (that's if you don't have digital). So when Freeview comes in, everybody will have access to the same channels whether they are in the cities or country villages/towns. :)

I think the Irish Freeview is being done now, and they'll cut TV transmission in 2010 (?) and Freeview will come into effect.

It's the same here in New-Zealand. You buy a set up box which costs between $250-$500 for normal and $500+ for HD (Some of the new HD tv's have freeview pre-installed). It gives you crystal clear reception for the channels you would normally get, and a selection of others which aren't really that great.

Archived