US Mum Has Her 18th Child

Guest Barbara

US mum has her 18th child

By VINCE SOODIN

Published: Today

A WOMAN who has already had 17 kids with names beginning with the letter J has given birth to her 18TH child – a girl named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar.

Devout Christian Michelle Duggar, 42, delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section yesterday in Arkansas, US.

The baby weighed 7lbs, 3oz (3.26kg) and was 20 inches long.

“The ultimate Christmas gift from God,” said dad Jim Bob Duggar.

Beautiful

“She’s just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters.”

The Duggars now have ten sons and eight daughters.

Jim Bob, 43, said Michelle started having contractions on Wednesday night.

She needed the Caesarean section, her third, because the baby was lying sideways.

Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well.

He said: “We both would love to have more”.

The couple's oldest child, Joshua, is 20.

The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jordyn-Grace, are Jana, 18, John-David, 18, Jill, 17, Jessa, 16, Jinger, 14,Joseph, 13, Josiah, 12, Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, nine, Jedidiah, nine, Jason, eight, James, seven, Justin, six, Jackson, four, Johannah, three, and Jennifer, one.

The Duggars, who have their own TV show in the US, refuse to use any form of contraception and say each child is gift from God.

Source: The Sun

-------------------------------------------------

:o 18 children in 20 years time? And they would love to have more. :blink:

A child may be a gift from God but there's no way I'm having so many children. I wonder how you can handle and support so many children. :unsure: They must be very organized.

I remember watching a programme about this family earlier this year..... I couldn't tear myself away from the screen! I'm serious!

They were just building and moving into a new house that had been specially designed by the family. I seem to recall that Johannah had just been born so it must have been filmed 3 years ago. What I found odd was that they had this huge house but, apart from the parents room, they just had 2 huge bedrooms (dormitory style) for the boys and girls, rather than lots of smaller rooms.

Another thing I remembered was that the children were all so well behaved and that the whole family was so organised. Even the little ones knew they had chores to do such as folding the washing or setting the table and they just got on with it. Having the kids names all starting with the letter J is a little weird though as is them all wearing the same clothes!

As for having 18 kids..... I am thinking 'ouch' but I doubt it would hurt anymore! :wink: But I think there will have to be a time where they have to say 'enough is enough'. Michelle's body has been through a hell of a lot and as she gets older there is more of a risk of compications. Surely they can't go on forever!

• 1 year later...

:o They have 19 children now. I seriously don't know how they do it. It's like the woman never gives her body enough time to 'rest'. But the main thing is that they're happy.

They also welcomed their first grandchild last year. I wonder if the children also want so many kids. :unsure: I'd love to know how things go when there are big family reunions. :wink:

Archived