Nowhere Kids

Guest Lustre

This just keeps getting better.

I still want to laugh when I think about chapter 4, Belle telling Aden about Geoff.

I like how Aden had his arm around Belle.

Mattie and Belle's friendship is lovely and Ric's really funny in this.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

“Belle.” Aden called after her as she walked down the hall in front of him, noticing her lack of response to his voice he ran to keep up with her. He gently caught her at the elbow effectively stopping her.

“Hey …” he started to greet her but she yanked her arm from his grip startling him.

“Don’t touch me!” She growled.

“What?” He asked in shock.

“What are you deaf? I said don’t touch me!”

“Em sorry.” He replied his voice unsure. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You didn’t,” she told him sharply. “What do you want anyway? I have somewhere to be.”

“I was wondering if you want to hang out?” He proposed though with no expectations all of a sudden.

“I'm busy!” She told him.

Aden frowned at her tone. “Well I meant later but…”

Belle interrupted him her tone exasperated. “I'm busy then too, I'm always busy.” And with that she turned and left.

Standing in complete shock Aden stared at her retreating form. “What the hell just happened?” He asked aloud not expecting an answer.

He felt someone appear at his side and saw one of Belles friends she’d introduced him too, Lucas he thought his name was. “Don’t take it to heart.” he urged him patting his arm in pity. “I better go talk to Rachel.” he told him in way of an explanation before running off.

Aden sighed turning back towards his room, he would never understand this place.

H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A H&A

“Hey.” A voice at his door interrupted his thoughts and he turned to see the person he least expected to be there.

“Why are you here Belle?” He asked his tone rougher than he meant but he was just so damn confused. Everything had been going great with them, he was getting to know her and he even thought there was a chance for them to be more than just friends. Just for her to go all psycho bitch on him and then disappear for two days. It made him realise that he really didn’t know anything about her. What had he been thinking; they were in a bloody clinic for troubled teens. She didn’t know anything about him either and she definitely didn’t owe him anything.

“I thought maybe we could hang out.” She told him practically repeating what he’d said to her when she’d lost it.

“Is that a joke?” He asked the frustration he was feeling leaking into his voice. “Do you not remember what happened the last time we spoke?”

“Yeah.” She answered her voice soft but he also heard a slight tremble to it. “But that was then this is now.”

Aden growled in frustration, when he had called her crazy before he had meant it figuratively but now he was starting to wonder. It was like she was four different Belles and he didn’t know which one she would be the next time he saw her. This version was like the one he’d met her first day back, soft and unfocused and not quite there.

“Are you schizophrenic?” he asked flippantly, not taking the time to think about what he was saying.

He regretted it instantly, he saw her face fall and her lip tremble, she pulled in a deep breath. “No Aden,” she told him her tone relatively emotionless. “I'm not. I'm just highly medicated, not that it’s any of your business”. Her eyes were focused sharply on his face as she said this and then she turned and ran.

And it all fell into place for him, the way her moods changed day to day, how some days she was distracted and her eyes unfocused. This was obviously when the meds took their toll on her body and mind, like today and during their one sided fight. And how he remembered the sharp focus of her eyes during their talk in the garden and their time spent in the common room and even just a moment ago when they cleared for just a second, that was the real Belle, the one he liked the best and he had just messed it up by making stupid assumptions about her mental stability.

aww, poor Aden :( he just likes the non medicated Belle.

And poor belle for having to take the meds.

from the chap before, i loved this.

“Mmhmm,” she replied. “And you’re pretty comfy to sit on. Now less of the sappiness. Hmm okay see that girl over there, yeah the blonde she’s a total klepto, stole a police car and practically got away with it except there was an officer napping in the back of it.”

:lol: nice...

update soon :)

Thanks for the reviews

Chapter 7

“Hey.” She whispered her arms wrapped protectively around herself as she stood in his darkened doorway. It was late, but he hadn’t been able to sleep since the day Belle had stormed out once again disappearing. The silence was back and this time it weighed even more on him, especially at night, in a way it never had before because he knew that Belle wasn’t going to fill it again any time soon. He’d realised pretty quickly that just listening to her talk about anything or even just sitting with her had a greater impact on him than any grand speech he’d been given. And that’s why he was speechless at her appearance because he honestly would have understood if she never talked to him again, he’d been a jerk to her when she’d merely been trying to apologise in her own way.

“Aden I'm sorry.” She told him, her voice strengthing as she walked further into his lit room. “The way I treated you it was out of order, I over reacted.” She tried to explain. “Its just sometimes I cant control it, I cant control myself.”

“Hey,” He said leaning back against the headboard. “this ones on me, I was a complete jerk to you. I should have known you had a reason for acting the way you did!”

Shaking her head she sat down on his bed beside him. “How could you have known Aden?” She asked. “I haven’t told you anything about it. Its just… you make me feel so normal and I thought that if I told you that sometimes, actually a lot of the time recently, I freak out then I figured you’d treat me like everyone else here does; constantly watching and waiting for me to explode or implode even.” She told him bowing her head.

“Hey,” He whispered leaning towards her and gently tipping her face up so he could meet her eyes. “I’ll treat you however you want me too!”

Her eyes sparkled at his words and he smiled realising just how self conscious she was. “You’re gonna have to do a lot more to scare me off than shout at me Belle. Trust me people are always telling me where to go and I’ve never listened to them why would I start now? It takes a lot more to dissuade me from going after what I want then a few angry words.”

“What do you want?” She asked inquisitively.

Groaning he dropped his eyes. “Out of all of that, that’s what you choose to focus on?” He asked.

She merely continued to stare at him a smirk beginning to form on her lips.

“You’re really gonna make me say it aren’t you?” he asked leaning slowly towards her.

“Mmhmm. You owe me.” she told him leaning towards him as well. “I mean you were a jerk. By your own admittance of course.”

“Oh real nice.” He smirked back.

“You’re getting off subject.” She informed him. Their voices barely above whispers.

“Fine,” he conceded. “You. I want you.” And then he leaned in and kissed her. Sitting back he pulled her down with him his hands sweeping down her arms to her hips as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Belle pulled away as she felt Aden smile against her lips. “What?” She demanded but her tone was playful.

“I knew you wanted me too.” He told her cockily smirking at her.

“Oh real nice!” she responded pulling back slightly. “I should get back to my room; I don’t wanna get caught out of my bed.”

“And in mine?” He asked his smirk widening. She merely glared at him.

“Aww come on stay a little longer.” He begged. “You know no one is going to check.”

“Fine.” She conceded. “But only for awhile.” She told him as he shifted to make more room on the bed for her opening his arms for her to sit back in.

She leaned back into his embrace smiling at their position. “This is nice.” She whispered to him.

“Mmhmm.” He replied and she noticed his eyes were slowly drooping as he fought tiredness. She leaned across him to turn his bed side lamp off but stopped as he caught her hand locking their fingers and bringing theirs hands down to rest between them. “Leave it on.” he told her gently but she could hear the fear in his voice.

Snuggling into his side she sighed. “Are you afraid of the dark?” She prodded hoping not to offend him.

“Nah,” he replied his eyes still shut. “Just the things that happen in it.” And she could feel him shiver slightly as she too began to drift off. “I’ll protect you.” She sighed as sleep claimed her.

Aw, :wub: that was cute as,

Snuggling into his side she sighed. “Are you afraid of the dark?” She prodded hoping not to offend him.

“Nah,” he replied his eyes still shut. “Just the things that happen in it.” And she could feel him shiver slightly as she too began to drift off. “I’ll protect you.” She sighed as sleep claimed her.

that was adorable, the little "i'll protect you" bit.

great update, more soon?

Aw, :wub: that was cute as,

that was adorable, the little "i'll protect you" bit.

great update, more soon?

Awww :wub: Me would agree.

I love this story, can't wait for more

Archived