Story Title: A Little Push In The Right Direction

Type of story: Short fic

Main Characters: Belle, Aden, Nicole and Geoff

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Summary: Realationships between people.

Chapter 1

Tugging at her short pink skirt, Nicole was getting ready for the Summer Bay Annual Beach Party the one that took place before the start of school. She quickly glanced back at her reflection in the mirror, she was irresistible or so she thought.

The party was in full swing when Aden eventually arrived, the drinks were flowing and he could see the outline of people dancing to the music. He hadn't wanted to leave Belle alone cleaning up The Den but she had insisted it was fine, that she would only amble home when she had finished anyway.

He noticed the commotion in the middle of the beach, wandering closer he could see one of the girls from school, standing in the middle, wearing a skimpy bikini holding a bottle of vodka in her hand. He heard her drunken voice shouting "listen up, how about a little game of truth and dare?"

Chelsea go and drive Irene's car on to the beach" she cried at the shy looking girl standing a few paces from her.

"And Nicole" he hadn't seen her standing in the crowd, but wherever a party was she was bound to be there - I mean that girl lived for mayhem. "I dare you to show us how you really feel, kiss Aden."

She came slowly towards him; tilting her head towards his she kissed him hard on the lips. He quickly broke away from her and ran off in the other direction. He didn't want her she knew.

Belle could hear the sounds of the beach party in the distance it had been a long day and all she really wanted to do was go home and curl up in her bed. But still she had promised Irene she would finish wiping the tables down for tomorrow.

She heard a sound close to her, turning around slightly she saw a drunken looking Nicole stumbling up the path closest to the diner, barely able to walk in a straight line.

Resisting her, now that was a big mistake. Nicole now knew how much the thought of Belle meant to Aden. Catching sight of a tired looking Belle, she decided to digress the highlights of the party, of course omitting the fact that Aden had run away. Look at you she sneered at the pretty brunette standing in front of her. "Why would he chose you when he could have me?"

Belle hoped that Nicole hadn't seen the hurt in her eyes that the statements had caused, she hadn't mentioned to anyone that she was beginning to fall for the self confident young man she worked with. He'd grown in to someone different over the last few weeks, he was no longer the boy she had been to school with last year.

Standing in the shadows, Aden had heard the whole conversation. How could he ever convince Belle to believe that his feelings for her were real now?

Spinning around hair flying in every direction Nicole caught a glimpse of what she thought was Aden, had he heard?

this is my first story so be kind

Welcome to the world of writing fan fics. Carry on writing like this and you'll have regular readers in no-time (all wanting happy ever after for adelle!)

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Aden trying to convince Belle of his feelings - should be interesting!

You have a good writing style, so keep doing what you're doing :D

(An update will, of course, be needed in order for me to truly appreciate your skills as a writer...:P )

* i have made nicole nicer than she is in the programme.

Chapter 2

If she couldn't have him then nobody would, that was a philosophy that she would have to change.

Roman walked quietly into Nicole’s bedroom. He saw her lying on her bed; blonde hair fanned out over her pillow and dressed in what looked like last night’s clothes. Shaking his head, “wake up Nicole” he whispered.

Nicole turned over gently, her head felt heavy, how much had she drunk last night? I hope I didn’t make a fool out of myself she thought.

Curling up under the turquoise covers, it all came rushing back to her. It wasn’t that she didn't care for Aden, she knew that she wasn't the one he wanted. Friends was all she could hope for, even that seemed out of her reach, could he ever forgive her for the damage she had caused last night?

Dressed in blue sweat pants Aden was making himself busy in the kitchen when Nicole entered. He turned slightly to look. He could barely stand to be in the same room as her. Appearance wise she looked awful, she knew that, black mascara was smudged around her eyes. “I screwed up last night?” she ventured.

“What do you want?” he hollered barely able to control his anger.

“To apologise” she murmured glancing down at the floor, he wasn’t going to make this easy.

“Whatever, you know Nicole the games are getting old, first Geoff and now me” he stated.

“I’ll fix it” she declared as much to herself as to him.

“Not going to happen, she’ll never believe me now.” He proclaimed quietly

“What would you like?” Belle was taking Geoff and Annie’s order when she heard the door creek open slowly. Twisting around she saw Nicole, dressed in grey jogging bottoms still looking worse for wear. Deserved her right Belle thought to herself.

“We’re full” Belle said automatically. Glancing around The Den Nicole could see a few empty tables.

“I’d be rude to me as well, I should not have said some of those things last night” she uttered softly

“Out” Belle shouted, not wanting Nicole to see how much she had been hurt by yesterday’s flippant remark. Her falling for Aden wasn't supposed to happen. She had promised herself that after Drew she was done with the drama of dating, at least for a little while.

“Feisty” Nicole exclaimed, “I see why Aden likes you, though you can’t blame him for something I said”

Archived