A Little Push In The Right Direction

Guest fi101

Chapter 3

Dressed in black skinny jeans and a green t-shirt Belle was sitting outside The Den waiting for Mattie. A new cocktail bar had opened in the city, they had promised themselves a girls’ night out free from the complications of life in Summer Bay. Sprinting around the corner, Mattie yelled out breathlessly, “I’m so sorry I’m late.”

Getting slowly off the white leather sofa Aden had decided on an early night – well there wasn’t anything to watch on the television anyway and ringing Belle was out of the question after Nicole’s meddling he was sure she wouldn’t want to speak to him in a hurry.

The song had finished and Mattie’s feet were in agony, damn heels she thought to herself. Emerging off the dance floor she caught a glimpse of Belle slumped on a stall in the corner of the bar barely able to stay awake. She had heard most of the details from last night, but it wasn’t Belle’s style to enlighten anyone on how she was feeling.

“Belle” Mattie called out.

“Where am I?” the tired looking figure moaned slurring her words. This evening had meant to be a night when she could forget about everything, everyone.

Gently taking Belle’s arm Mattie led them both outside, the night air was freezing and Mattie could feel Belle start shaking uncontrollably.

She frantically searched around for a taxi. This being a fruitless attempt, well it was 2 in the morning, what did she expect?

Fumbling in Belle’s black clutch Mattie located her phone. Scrolling rapidly down her contacts she came across his name.

“Hello?” she heard him answer groggily.

“Help me; I think someone added something to Belle’s drink”

Seeing Mattie sitting huddled on a decrepit bench with Belle’s head in her lap. Aden quickly jumped out of the car.

“Why did you ring me?” he asked with one hand wrapped around Belle’s waist in an attempt to steer her towards the blue vehicle.

“Because I knew you would come.” She replied, “I can see the smile that plays upon your lips whenever you see her, even if she can’t.”

“Why did you ring me?” he asked with one hand wrapped around Belle’s waist in an attempt to steer her towards the blue vehicle.

“Because I knew you would come.” She replied, “I can see the smile that plays upon your lips whenever you see her, even if she can’t.”

That is just adorable XD Update soon

Chapter 4

When you care about someone, you may make a mistake and end up losing them but if you are lucky, then maybe you will get a second chance.

Waking up Belle found Mattie lying on the bed beside her. “What happened last night?” she asked with panic in her voice. She could remember the first two drinks, and then all of a sudden her memory went blank. “How did we get back here?”

How many times have I cleaned this table Belle wondered to herself, she was exhausted. She decided that now was maybe a good time for a break. Stepping backwards she knocked straight into Mattie. “I’m so sorry” Belle said dazed, “I didn’t see you there.” Bending down she picked up the books that had cascaded onto the floor.

“You like him don’t you?” Mattie inquired; she had seen that stupid grin on Belle’s face earlier when she had mentioned that Aden had rescued them last night.

“No” Belle shot back defensively. How could she trust him? She thought to herself, trusting someone made you vulnerable, it left you open to disappointment.

“You can’t live your life scared about something that may not happen.” Mattie replied evenly. Hoping Belle didn’t think she was interfering. Taking the books she walked leisurely into the diner, catching one last glimpse of Belle as she entered.

Aden saw Mattie sitting on the brown sofa in the corner, as he came out of the kitchen with two plates balanced precariously in his hand, her books were spread out across her lap. He gently placed the food down into front of Ruby and Annie. “Belle’s been ignoring me all day” he declared as he walked hurriedly towards her, hoping she would be able to enlighten him. Surely she had mentioned last night?

“Have you ever thought sometimes people draw back in an attempt to understand if the other’s feelings are genuine?” she whispered, not wanting Belle to over hear.

Wandering out of the kitchen Aden was just about to tidy up some of the tables when he saw Belle enter the diner, she had that cute little grin on her face the one that had made him fall for her. She came towards him. Seizing her, he wrapped his strong arms around her delicate frame. “I’m sorry” he muttered, “For everything”.

Looking up into his beautifully blue eyes, she gently brushed her mouth against his lips and kissed him.

Mattie went back to sitting in the corner, pondering to herself, she concluded, all Belle really needed was a little push in the right direction

Archived