Dolly teen choice Award 2008

Guest Varsha

DOLLY Teen Choice Awards - the winners!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It was the biggest night of the DOLLY year last night and among international stars and home-grown heroes, Home and Away stars Lincoln Lewis and Indiana Evans were crowned the king and queen of teen.

Hosted by Brian McFadden and MTV's Maz Compton, this year's awards took place at Sydney's Luna Park and kicked off with Nancy Drew star Emma Roberts presenting the award for best new talent, won by Gabriella Cilmi.

While Home and Away stars bagged the tops awards, the show itself lost out to So You Think You Can Dance for the "Glued to the Screen" award for most addictive TV show, winner Jack and runners-up Rhys and Kate picking up the award with judge Matt Lee.

Dean Geyer wore a T-shirt with "No Comment" written across the chest as he brushed passed ex-fiancée Lisa Origliasso, the Veronicas picking up Most Popular Song of the Year award for 'Hook Me Up'.

Other stars walking the red carpet included Kate Ritchie, who won Totally Talented Actress award; Guy Sebastian, Pippa Black and Big Brother stars Cherry, Brigitte and Travis.

The full lists of winners are:

New Cool Kid on the Block award (best new talent)

Gabriella Cilmi, singer

I Wanna Raid Her Wardrobe award, brought to you by Target (most stylish celeb)

Jennifer Hawkins

Best on the Box award (top TV presenter)

Fuzzy, Video Hits

Totally Talented Actress award (favourite local or international actress)

Kate Ritchie

Totally Talented Actor award (favourite local or international actor)

Rhys Wakefield

Glued to the Screen award (most addictive TV show)

So You Think You Can Dance

Extreme Inspiration award (best celeb contribution to the environment, world, community, sport or young people)

Guy Sebastian, World Vision

Most Played on my Pod award (most popular song of the year)

'Hook Me Up', the Veronicas

Hottest Home-grown Music award (best local singer or band)

Sneaky Sound System

Global Music Superstar award (best international singer or band)

Rihanna

The OMG! award for the scandal we can't stop talking about (biggest scandal of 2007-08)

The Chaser team's APEC stunt

Queen of Teen award (girl I'd most like to hang with)

Indiana Evans

King of Teen award (guy I can't get out of my head)

Lincoln Lewis

Credit: DOLLY

If you want some pictures click the above link and then click on the link for the celebs slideshow. You can see Kate Ritchie, Rhys Wakefield, Indiana Evans and Lincoln Lewis all accepting their awards at slide 7, 14, 15, and 16 respectively.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only Tamara I know was Sophie's daughter. She was the daughter of Sophie Simpson and her dad died before her birth. She was friends with Max for a time and was in the show when her mom decided to be surrogate for Sally.

i thought she looked familiar and now i know why.

The only Tamara I know was Sophie's daughter. She was the daughter of Sophie Simpson and her dad died before her birth. She was friends with Max for a time and was in the show when her mom decided to be surrogate for Sally.

i thought she looked familiar and now i know why.

Her dad (David) being only played by the wonderful Guy Pearse. He and sophie's love affair was so gorgeously played out. I think it's fair to say Sophie was the Martha of her day. She got all the drama thrown at her. David's death was so emotional. :(

Archived