Are There Any H&A Anoraks Out There Who Can Help Answer These Ques

Guest flashbulb

MORAG BELLINGHAM

In the late 1980s, Morag didn't get along with anyone. Everybody couldn't stand her, not even Alf. She used too fall out with everybody. Anyway, in about 1989, she did something REALLY terrible......I just can't remember what it was. She either stabbed someone in the back, betrayed someone, something like that. Anyway, it was like the final straw and Alf told her that he never wanted to see her ever again. I think she may have been living with him at the time and he told her to pack her things. Morag (as far as I'm aware) was never seen for years after.

Anyway, I can't remember what it was that Morag did that was so terrible...it may have been something to do with Celia or Bobby, but I just can't remember.

Can anybody remember?

IRENE ROBERTS

In the early 1990s, Irene Roberts went completely off the rails. This was when she was drinking all the time and had no control over her life.

She was constantly falling out with everybody. I seem to remember her having constant rows with Pippa, and she also was rowing all the time with her children Finlay and Damian. They eventuallly went to live with Pippa and Michael at the Ross household.

Anyway, around the time when Finlay and Damian's relationship with Irene was total rock bottom, and they were constantly having blazing rows with her, I remember a scene in which Irene was laying on the floor unconscious in the Beach House. The only people there were Finlay and Damian......all I can remember is Damian trying to check to see if Irene was still alive, and it appeared as if she was dead, and then he uttered the words to Finlay: "I think I've killed her".

Can anybody remember what happened? That is all I can remember!

ROB STOREY

I used to watch Home And Away religiously in the mid 1990s...I never missed an episode. There was a character called Rob Storey, who was a main cast member for a couple of years around this time. Anyway, he dated a girl called Roxy for a couple of years, but she was diagnosed with breast cancer and then went travelling, leaving Rob behind. Anyway, Rob then bought the boat shed from Michael Ross. Not long after that, they just stopped following his life for (what it appeared) no apparent reason.

One day, I noticed that he'd been removed from the opening credits, so I was awaiting a exit storyline, probably in the next couple of episodes......so I waited, and I waited, and to be honest with you, I'm still waiting! When he had been removed from the credits, he hadn't been in maybe the last couple of episodes but it certainly wasn't much more than that. As I was awaiting an exit storyline, I noticed that Rob wasn't appearing in any of the episodes after that......anyway, when it got to about 2 weeks without him in a single episode, I kind of gave up.

My conclusions were: a) ITV removed the scene where he exited, b) I fell asleep when his exit storyline took place or mentally switched off for a moment, c) I missed an episode (even though I'm certain I didn't), d) they just stopped following his life for no apparent reason.

I never heard of the boat shed again until Scott Hunter bought it many years later.

What happened to Rob Storey?

I think Irene accused Damien of pushing her in order to guilt him into living with her again but the truth came out, he stayed with the Ross's and Irene cleaned up her act.

Morag was disowned by her family a lot during the early years but i think the instance you're thinking of is when Morag conspired with the Macklins to get Roo to sign her unborn baby over to them. She later made it up to Roo by being the only person to support her when everyone else thought Roo was behind a campaign to intimidate Ailsa and Bobby. In actual fact the real culprit, Roo's ex Nicholas was working with Morag's help and when everyone found out the truth they disowned her again. She underwent a personality transplant at that point, living with Marilyn of all people and giving Ailsa a home when she had post natal depression but she showed her true colours again years later when, after Bobby died she tried to take Sam away from Fisher. She was disowned once again and didn't reappear until her 'rebirth' of later years when she seems to have changed beyond recognition.

Hope that helps.

Regarding Rob Storey, they just more or less stopped showing him. His final scene is Episode 1690 I think, where he walks into Travis' (now Leah's house).

Could you describe the scene to me please, all what you remember about it.

I remember vividly that he was mentoring Curtis Reed, who was going through a really tough time following the death of his girlfriend Laura, in his battle to give up alcohol. Curtis was pretty much going off the rails and I think Rob was a great support to him.

I think Irene accused Damien of pushing her in order to guilt him into living with her again but the truth came out, he stayed with the Ross's and Irene cleaned up her act.

Morag was disowned by her family a lot during the early years but i think the instance you're thinking of is when Morag conspired with the Macklins to get Roo to sign her unborn baby over to them. She later made it up to Roo by being the only person to support her when everyone else thought Roo was behind a campaign to intimidate Ailsa and Bobby. In actual fact the real culprit, Roo's ex Nicholas was working with Morag's help and when everyone found out the truth they disowned her again. She underwent a personality transplant at that point, living with Marilyn of all people and giving Ailsa a home when she had post natal depression but she showed her true colours again years later when, after Bobby died she tried to take Sam away from Fisher. She was disowned once again and didn't reappear until her 'rebirth' of later years when she seems to have changed beyond recognition.

Hope that helps.

Regarding the scene with Irene......if it wasn't Damian's fault, why do you reckon he said: "I think I've killed her"?

Also, what actually happened for Irene to end up on the floor unconscious in the first place? I can't remember how she got there......if Damian knew that he hadn't pushed her, then why would he feel guilty and live with her anyway?

Regarding Morag, why was it that she was trying to get Roo on side when people turned on her, and why were Morag and Nicholas trying to intimidate Ailsa and Bobby?

Thanks very much for all your help......these loose ends have been untied in my brain for years and years. You see, Home & Away hit our screens in the UK on Saturday, February 11, 1989 when I was five years old. Although I watched it from the very start, my memory of the very early years is very sketchy.

I then stopped watching it for a while after Meg's death because it hit me really hard (I was only a little boy at the time) and I found H&A too emotionally distressing to watch......then there was the boating accident involving Bobby, Sophie's pre-natal depression, Irene's drinking and constant arguing, Ailsa getting mugged and going into depression (maybe that was a bit later)......all of which I found really distressing (even though I didn't watch it, I got to see bits of what was happening here and there because my brother watched it). I only started watching it again when a little happiness returned, around the time Shane and Angel became a couple and were blissfully happy!

Regarding Rob Storey, they just more or less stopped showing him. His final scene is Episode 1690 I think, where he walks into Travis' (now Leah's house).

Could you describe the scene to me please, all what you remember about it.

I remember vividly that he was mentoring Curtis Reed, who was going through a really tough time following the death of his girlfriend Laura, in his battle to give up alcohol. Curtis was pretty much going off the rails and I think Rob was a great support to him.

http://www.backtothebay.org/Rob.avi

I've uploaded his final scene. The episode was oriignally captured by Andrew.

re: Irene, I have no idea on the details of that storyline, my memories are sketchy.

Regarding Morag, why was it that she was trying to get Roo on side when people turned on her, and why were Morag and Nicholas trying to intimidate Ailsa and Bobby?

I've done a lot of Morag research for her profile. The reason she conspired with the Macklins was because she didn't want Roo's future to be ruined by having a baby young and thought that if the Macklins paid for the baby Roo would be set up for life. Roo though, desperately wanted to keep martha and was devastated to realise her favourite Aunt was behind the scam. It was only after the dust had settled that Roo sat down with Brett Macklin the baby's father and they reached the mutual decision that they were too immature to be parents and martha was adopted.

Roo was distinctly cooler with Morag after the incident and Roo had always been Morag's favourite so she really wanted Roo to forgive her. At the time Ailsa and Bobby had been receiving poison pen letters and because Roo hated them both (Bobby had just gotten together with Frank, Roo's ex who she still loved and Ailsa was the stepmother she loathed) Roo was the prime suspect. Morag discovered that Nicholas was behind it (I can't remember what he had against Ailsa and Bobby) but Morag convinced him to keep on with his scheme and persuaded him to frame Roo. Alf/ Ailsa etc all believed Roo was already behind the letters and when Nicolas framed her they had supposed proof of it but Morag, in spite of the evidence, never doubted Roo and defended her publicly. Roo was naturally grateful to Morag and became close to her again even moving in with her when Alf threw her out over it. The truth came out (I think thanks to Bobby) and Roo was furious with Morag and the whole town turned on her. It came at the same time as somebody was tormenting Morag (it turned out to be an ex client wanting revenge) and the result was she became a virtual recluse.

Hope that helps.

Regarding the scene with Irene......if it wasn't Damian's fault, why do you reckon he said: "I think I've killed her"?

Also, what actually happened for Irene to end up on the floor unconscious in the first place? I can't remember how she got there......if Damian knew that he hadn't pushed her, then why would he feel guilty and live with her anyway?

This was actually the storyline that was going on when I started watching Home and Away so I missed the start of it and then missed a couple of episodes in the middle but as best as I can work out, Irene turned up at the house while Fin and Damian were on their own and tried to take them home by force, which resulted in Damian pushing her down the stairs in self-defence.She disappeared for a couple of days after that then turned up at the police station claiming that they had attacked her with a crowbar and wanting them charged with assault.She then told them she would withdraw her statement if they agreed to come home with her.Then, for some reason(that was the episode I missed), she changed her mind and bombed off back to "the city" to get a new face.

Not 100% I'm right on this but my memory of old episodes is normally pretty good - in my recollection Irene fell down the stairs at Summer Bay House when she was arguing with Damian and Fin, I don't think it happened at the Beach House.

Re. Rob, yes, he just disappeared. He was actually mentioned a couple of times in future episodes and, at least for a while, was supposedly still living in Summer Bay, just off camera. I suppose they had no storylines for him and this (non) exit meant that had a future storyline emerged and the actor been available, he could have been brought back easily, as if he had been there all along. Matt Wilson was another character who just faded away (though he did come back for the 150th celebrations many years later).

Archived