UK Transmission Breaks

Guest Foxy

From digitalspy:

Just a heads up to all you Home And Away addicts out there - the show will be taking a three-week break from our screens at the beginning of August.

The production house over in Australia is taking a mid-year break, having a knock-on effect on the UK schedules.

Home And Away will be off air from Monday, August 4 until Monday, August 25 inclusive. The final pre-break episode is due to transmit on Friday, August 1, meaning the next episode will air on Tuesday, August 26 at 6pm on Five.

In addition, the Aussie serial will take its usual two-week break at Christmas, from Monday, December 22 until Friday, January 2, 2009. The first episode of the new year will transmit on Monday, January 5.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H&A is taking a break in Aus, because of the Olympic's. And because Channel 5 can't be less than 6 weeks behind, we have to take a break as well.

I wonder what they are putting on instead! I hope the early years are back even if it's just for a few weeks.

H&A is taking a break in Aus, because of the Olympic's. And because Channel 5 can't be less than 6 weeks behind, we have to take a break as well.

I wonder what they are putting on instead! I hope the early years are back even if it's just for a few weeks.

I really hope they do bring back the early years - I can't go without Home and Away for 3 whole weeks! :o

Thanks for posting the info.

I really hope they do bring back the early years - I can't go without Home and Away for 3 whole weeks! :o

Thanks for posting the info.

Yeah, i know how you feel.

I hope they do bring back Home and away the early years. It was great watching them.

Is this "6 weeks" figure actually true, because, well, we've been closer than 6 weeks behind at points this year, and when the breaks pan out over the next 6 months, we'll either be 1 or 3 weeks behind Australa, depending on how long the break is through December and January. It seems like it's something that's been mentioned by someone somewhere, but is actually codswollup.

We've been five weeks behind since the 2008 season debuted over here and, if it were an actual contract stipulation, five would've already taken a week off by now, so I assume it's completely false. And given that five pay a huge amount of the production costs, I imagine the minimum we can be behind is probably only something like a day (which I believe is a delay we were very close to when the show was on ITV).

And, much as I want them back too, I doubt the Early Years will be back (especially on prime-time five)......they're too busy focussing on their new toy Neighbours now, with its 10 showings of every episode.....

Archived