UK Transmission Breaks

Guest Foxy

They've got to break at some point because of the Olympics. We'd be just three weeks behind by the end of August which would probably mean at least a month off-air over Christmas.

I think it's more funny that after all these years of being wayyy behind we're having to do this to stop going ahead!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this "6 weeks" figure actually true, because, well, we've been closer than 6 weeks behind at points this year, and when the breaks pan out over the next 6 months, we'll either be 1 or 3 weeks behind Australa, depending on how long the break is through December and January. It seems like it's something that's been mentioned by someone somewhere, but is actually codswollup.

It's bolleaux.

All Five are doing is trying to avoid any extended period off-air.

And that's the time I'm on holiday anyway so I'm all for it... at the end of the day we're only falling back by a week.

If no breaks took place from now on we would probably more or less be starting 2009 simultaneously.

By my calculations we should be looking at 3 weeks behind when we return. Factor in an Easter break, a Summer break and a Christmas break and we should be able to keep reasonably sync-ed up.

Hopefully this means that when there's football on it won't get parked at 3pm or, as happened in one case, completely moved to Fiver. Instead they can just take it off for the day.

i have Digiguide and i just checked for the week commencing 4th Aug. on five @ 6pm will be a documentary everyday for an hour called 'Vets in Action' then the dinner time home and away slot says to be announced buttttt on fiver @ 9.30 its the Neighbours repeat but after that at 10.. it's 2 eps of H&A the early years! but for that first week (which is all it will let me view so far) it seems to be wedding episodes starting with Sally and Flynns, then a few other weddings then Flynns death. Also the episodes shown in the morning are repeated on fiver @ 17.55pm :)

Looked on the Five website for Monday 4th. Is this the start of specials or is it just the starting point? Shame they aren't going from when they stopped :(

if you read my last post, like 2 above yours i explained a bit. but it seems to be specials for the first week, at least.

Archived