Todd McKenney charged with drug possession

Guest Perry

Saturday April 26, 08:24 PM

Todd McKenney charged with drug possession

By Yahoo!7 News

Radio and television personality Todd McKenney has been charged with drug possession, after he was found unconscious in a park.

Police said emergency services were called to a park in the Sydney suburb of Rushcutters Bay, following reports a man was unconscious.

He was revived by ambulance officers, then arrested. It was alleged he was carrying a substance believed to be the illegal drug GHB.

Police later confirmed McKenney had been charged with possession of a prohibited drug. A court date was set for May 16.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080426/23/16mjb.html

Another article:

TV and radio personality Todd McKenney has been charged after being found unconscious in a park in the Sydney suburb of Rushcutters Bay from a drug overdose.

The Dancing With The Stars judge was found by members of the public at 3.30pm (AEST) on Friday and had to be revived by ambulance officers.

He was later charged with possessing the drug GHB.

McKenney, who lives at Bondi, reportedly did not work on his FM radio show that day as it was Anzac Day and the 106.5FM program he presents with Sonia Kruger was pre-recorded.

The night before he had attended a party in Macleay Street, Potts Point.

The celebrity told The Sunday Telegraph he believes his drink was spiked and the drug was planted on him.

"I had a vodka and tonic and I started to feel progressively sick. I have no idea where I ended up. My drink was obviously spiked," he said.

McKenney said it was probably "the tall poppy syndrome".

"They obviously wanted to put the boot into me," he said.

"I don't know what I have done to deserve this treatment. I will rigorously defend any charges."

McKenney said there were a lot of people at the party he did not know and he believes it was "all a set-up".

McKenney is due to front Downing Centre Local Court on May 16.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/mckenney...8743333615.html

Archived